News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Empire Total War, Again

Started by Faeelin, March 10, 2009, 07:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Quote from: Tamas on March 03, 2010, 03:11:54 PM
The guy kept the out of range status for our middle infantries, and tried to cannister me away which was good of course except that the stone wall seemed to protect me from most of the damage. While he was busy being passive like that (again, could have been lag), I gobbled up his right, while managed to win the cavalry battle on his left. So basically I wrapped up his line sistematically.  Was not a challenge at all.

Pretty much sums how how Napoleon felt when facing lagging Austrian generals. Seems rather historical.  :P

Ed Anger

Got my copy of N:TW. My quick review: Meh.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jaron

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 03, 2010, 07:16:59 PM

your expanded review, pl0x
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jaron on March 03, 2010, 07:33:07 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 03, 2010, 07:16:59 PM

your expanded review, pl0x

pl0x? is that a character from Star Trek?

Anyways, it doesn't feel Napoleonic.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Viking

Quote from: The Brain on March 04, 2010, 04:37:50 PM
Then why did you get it?

For the same reason he got all paradox games.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Brain on March 04, 2010, 04:37:50 PM
Then why did you get it?

It was discounted and I was bored.

I turned the unit sizes to 'ultra' and it got a little better. Hoepfully, I'll be able to jam some Old Guard down Swedish throats later in the campaigns. Just for you.  :)

Ed Anger

I've got to admit, watching Mamelukes melt under fire from a line of French Infantry does give me a murder boner.

I Killed Kenny

What's the best mod for E:TW out there?

Monoriu

I noticed the battle of waterloo under "Napoleon's campaigns".  I expected that I'd be able to play on the 1815 post-waterloo hypothetical campaign after I had won the battle.  I was disappointed :weep:

Drakken

Patch 1.6 is up since March 31st. And no, it is not April Fools' gag.

http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/70068/t/Empire-Total-War-Update-1-6-Info-.html

And reportedly, it seems the BAI has stopped being a kindergarten retard, actually forms battle lines and FLANK. So much, in fact, that I have finally caved in and is downloading that stu (on Steam, that is).

Razgovory

Quote from: Drakken on April 03, 2010, 03:03:13 PM

http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/70068/t/Empire-Total-War-Update-1-6-Info-.html

And reportedly, it seems the BAI has stopped being a kindergarten retard, actually forms battle lines and FLANK. So much, in fact, that I have finally caved in and is downloading that stu (on Steam, that is).

When ever I played they just huddled together in a big mass and walked at my center.  Then the guys in back would stop and shoot the guys in front just for good measure.  Before hand they would let my troops warm up by letting cavalry run back and forth in front of my line.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Drakken

Quote from: Razgovory on April 03, 2010, 04:09:19 PM
Quote from: Drakken on April 03, 2010, 03:03:13 PM

When ever I played they just huddled together in a big mass and walked at my center.  Then the guys in back would stop and shoot the guys in front just for good measure.  Before hand they would let my troops warm up by letting cavalry run back and forth in front of my line.

I've read about this blobbing issue, and it is reportedly fixed.