And we're back!

Main Menu

Empire Total War, Again

Started by Faeelin, March 10, 2009, 07:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 11, 2009, 12:56:25 PM
Quote from: Kleves on March 11, 2009, 12:38:39 PM
Tim: do Austrian line units have 100 men in them, while your's only have 80?

Here:  http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=235729

The numbers are on "large" unit size settings.

[/img]
ETR?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Kleves

Thanks. I hoped that it wasn't just me going crazy.  :)
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Habbaku

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 11, 2009, 02:22:16 PM
Quote from: Kleves on March 11, 2009, 12:38:39 PM
Tim: do Austrian line units have 100 men in them, while your's only have 80?

Here:  http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=235729

[/img]
ETR?

Légion étrangère--Foreign legion.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Fate

My saved game folder is up to 4 GB.  :o

Looks like each file is about ~50 MB.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Fate on March 11, 2009, 04:57:03 PM

How do you find that? I'm looking in the Empire Total War folder and I don't see it. What's its name?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Fate

It's hidden for some unknown reason.

C:\Users\Your login name\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\save_games

I use Vista, so I'm not sure if the file tree is the same for XP.

Warspite

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 11, 2009, 05:14:58 PM
Quote from: Fate on March 11, 2009, 04:57:03 PM

How do you find that? I'm looking in the Empire Total War folder and I don't see it. What's its name?

Like Fate says, it is hidden. As part of Games for Windows (and ebcause the Program Files directory is access controlled) all save games have to go to your user data folder. For some reason they are hidden.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

jimmy olsen

I can't seem to get into that. :(

1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

6 Russian Ships of the Line, vs a Moroccan frigate, bomb ketch and a batch of  4 gun galleys. First galley fires on a 74 guns SOL, Ship of the Line explodes. I figure I'll practice the naval portion of the game.

Me= Quit game, reload.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Warspite

Quote from: Sulla on March 11, 2009, 06:11:49 PM
6 Russian Ships of the Line, vs a Moroccan frigate, bomb ketch and a batch of  4 gun galleys. First galley fires on a 74 guns SOL, Ship of the Line explodes. I figure I'll practice the naval portion of the game.

Me= Quit game, reload.

'There's something wrong with our bloody ships today... '
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Ed Anger

Quote from: Warspite on March 11, 2009, 06:16:49 PM

Me= Quit game, reload.

It is every damn battle with me. Land battles, I kick ass. Naval battles and my ships explode, take each other out, ram each other, catch fire and surrender to galleys.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Monoriu on March 11, 2009, 02:17:34 PM
The biggest problem with this faith-based auto-update is there is no way to tell if the game is already updated or not. 

With your "My Games" window open, highlight ETW, then click on Properties down in the kinda bottom right.  On the updates tab, there's a link for "view update history."  This latest one came out on the 10th, and has like 6 bullet points.

This is the only way to check to see if it updated that I've figured out so far.  This is my only Steam game though, so maybe someone who uses it more knows of a less clicky way.

Ape

Quote from: Sulla on March 11, 2009, 06:18:37 PM
Quote from: Warspite on March 11, 2009, 06:16:49 PM

Me= Quit game, reload.

It is every damn battle with me. Land battles, I kick ass. Naval battles and my ships explode, take each other out, ram each other, catch fire and surrender to galleys.

Either you suck, or I am Nelson

The naval LAI* is horrible  :-X

*Lack of Artificial Intelligence

Josephus

Quote from: Fate on March 11, 2009, 05:20:42 PM

C:\Users\Your login name\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\save_games

I can't find any AppData folder ???
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Fate

Quote from: Josephus on March 11, 2009, 06:59:28 PM
Quote from: Fate on March 11, 2009, 05:20:42 PM

I can't find any AppData folder ???

It's hidden. Just type it into the file path.