News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Empire Total War, Again

Started by Faeelin, March 10, 2009, 07:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

With your "My Games" window open, highlight ETW, then click on Properties down in the kinda bottom right.  On the updates tab, there's a link for "view update history."  This latest one came out on the 10th, and has like 6 bullet points.

This is the only way to check to see if it updated that I've figured out so far.  This is my only Steam game though, so maybe someone who uses it more knows of a less clicky way.

I don't understand why they don't use very simple things like version numbers.  It isn't like this concept is new, or very tough to do.  They seem to expect people to believe that the auto-patch system will always get it right.  Don't worry about it; just play kinda attitude. 

Josephus

Quote from: Fate on March 11, 2009, 07:34:41 PM
It's hidden. Just type it into the file path.

Wow....I learn something new every day.
Whose idea was that to hide the save file? Is that a Vista thing or a STeam thing?
And do I have to remember that path everytime?
Christ, learning the game is hard enough.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Cerr

Quote from: Josephus on March 11, 2009, 09:06:54 PM

You can just set it so hidden folders are visible.
In windows explorer go to tools->folder options->view

Josephus

Quote from: Cerr on March 11, 2009, 09:24:36 PM

You can just set it so hidden folders are visible.
In windows explorer go to tools->folder options->view

Cool. I learned two things now. I think, if anythign else, TW is going to make me a Vista expert.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Scipio

I enjoy playing as Proossia.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Scipio on March 11, 2009, 09:31:46 PM
I enjoy playing as Proossia.

Me too, easier than it should be though.

I'm playing the battles on hard and the strategy on normal, I'll have to bump that up to hard next time as well.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DisturbedPervert

Whose idea was that to hide the save file? Is that a Vista thing or a STeam thing?

All my steam saves are in my steam folder. 

Habbaku

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 11, 2009, 09:39:03 PMI'm playing the battles on hard and the strategy on normal, I'll have to bump that up to hard next time as well.

I'm beginning to find that turning the campaign difficulty up to maximum just means you get more random wars.  Like Louisiana declaring war on me (Spain) in the first turn.   ::)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Monoriu

Is there anyway to delete the save games?  Other than finding the directory and manually removing the file, that is.

Tiamat

I've had constant CTD issues and graphical glitches ever since the new patch was released. After reinstalling it seems that you have no choice but to apply the patch.

Looks promising.

Habbaku

Quote from: Tiamat on March 12, 2009, 12:11:43 AM
I've had constant CTD issues and graphical glitches ever since the new patch was released. After reinstalling it seems that you have no choice but to apply the patch.

Looks promising.

Who the fuck are you?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Monoriu on March 11, 2009, 09:59:04 PM
Is there anyway to delete the save games?  Other than finding the directory and manually removing the file, that is.

Don't think so.  In Vista, the files are in C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\save_games

Same place as whatever it was they were talking about above.  Don't know about XP.  As far as the files being hidden, just make it so the hidden files are viewable.  Control Panel > Folder Options > View tab > Show Hidden Files and Folders under the Hidden Files and Folders section.

Siege

I'm not gonna buy this game.

If I do, I'm gonna play it for less than a month, and then go back to EU3IN.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

szmik

It seems Victoria Revolutions is much better, except for graphics.  ;D
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ape on March 11, 2009, 06:53:39 PM

Either you suck, or I am Nelson

I'll go with the suck. Unless the Russians ships are supposed to be made out of Styrofoam soaked in gasoline.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive