News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Tomorrow, another day in my calendar.

Started by Siege, July 26, 2009, 12:45:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Life, well, life is meant to be endured, not enjoyed.

Tomorrow is 5 Av, 18 years pass since one of the worst firefights I survived.
We were near Mjadel, Southern Lebanon, reacting to an artillery attack on one of our outposts, and we were clearing this stupid village. 2nd platoon, our main effort, got ambushed and were getting shot the fuck up, so I took my team around, through an alley, a shit surface sewer, between two buildings, to outflank the enemy. I was almost through, when two guys pop up in the end of the alley, 5 meters in front of me, and open up on us. I got shot in my plate and fell back on my ass, in the shit running through the canal. One of my boys behind me, got shot right under my arm. His plate didn't intercept the rounds. I opened up as I fell, and another of my boys opened up as well, but by the time we cut down the enemy, we had 2 KIAs and 2 wounded.

I got up, zombie as in a dream, and as got out of the alley another shitzbollani came up on the roof facing the alley, and fired an RPG into the damn alley. It flew right over my head, detonating on the back of our formation, killing our platoon leader and wounding our RTO. I kept going, crossed the damn street, and led what was left of my team into the house facing the alley. We cleared it, shot 3 enemy military age males in the process, but by the time we got to the roof the enemy RPG team was gone.

The firefight lasted another 2 hours. My company lost 4 KIA and 9 wounded. Three of the KIA and 2 of the wounded in my platoon. We killed 15 enemies, wounded over 20, captured some 30 plus military age males, two russian made 120mm artillery pieces, a shitload of AKs and other small arms.

The war kept going for another 9 years, until our disgraceful pull out, abandoning our allies in Southern lebanon.

In 2006, Israel had to invade again.

All for nothing.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zanza

Quoteshot 3 enemy military age males
Honest question: Is that an euphemism for unarmed men?

Martinus

To paraphrase Siegy in the hate crime thread:

Well, four kikes and fifteen towelheads less to worry about.

Bluebook

Quote from: Zanza on July 26, 2009, 03:17:05 AM

I doubt that question is relevant since nowadays it is standard practice for Hezbollah (and Hamas) to pick up the guns from fallen comrades when withdrawing. That way it is possible to claim the killed militant was in fact an unarmed civilian. I suspect this behavior was already in effect back then. 

The Brain

Quote from: Bluebook on July 26, 2009, 03:55:10 AM

I doubt that question is relevant since nowadays it is standard practice for Hezbollah (and Hamas) to pick up the guns from fallen comrades when withdrawing. That way it is possible to claim the killed militant was in fact an unarmed civilian. I suspect this behavior was already in effect back then.

Who the fuck are you?

Alcibiades

I dunno how it is for you...but I seem to forget more and more of it every day...
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Zanza

By the way, I am sorry for your loss, Siege. It must be terrible to lose your teammates like that.

Quote from: Bluebook on July 26, 2009, 03:55:10 AMI doubt that question is relevant since nowadays it is standard practice for Hezbollah (and Hamas) to pick up the guns from fallen comrades when withdrawing. That way it is possible to claim the killed militant was in fact an unarmed civilian. I suspect this behavior was already in effect back then.
Maybe. But Siege was there to see it, so he can tell whether they were armed or not. I just wondered because he did not write "we shot three enemies", but rather "we shot three enemy military age men". The difference in wording suggests to me that their age and not them shooting back or being armed was the criterion used to judge whether they were enemies.

Syt

Quote from: The Brain on July 26, 2009, 04:12:21 AM

Who the fuck are you?

This post, combined with the post in the War in the Pacific - Admiral's Edition thread where he announces that he'll buy it on release makes me think: HORTLUND.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on July 26, 2009, 05:03:09 AM
Quote from: The Brain on July 26, 2009, 04:12:21 AM

Who the fuck are you?

This post, combined with the post in the War in the Pacific - Admiral's Edition thread where he announces that he'll buy it on release makes me think: HORTLUND.

:w00t:

Ed Anger

Horty always was a good peep. And if his presence pisses off Marti, even better.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Question:  How common is it in Israel to use that backwards dating system of theirs?  Does everyone do it, or just religious lunatics like Siegebreaker?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

charliebear

Quote from: Zanza on July 26, 2009, 04:59:22 AM
By the way, I am sorry for your loss, Siege. It must be terrible to lose your teammates like that.

As am I.   :hug:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on July 26, 2009, 09:38:49 AM
Question:  How common is it in Israel to use that backwards dating system of theirs?  Does everyone do it, or just religious lunatics like Siegebreaker?

Jew Stardates.