News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New Paradox Tinto Game - "Project Caesar"

Started by Syt, February 28, 2024, 12:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Next they'll be telling us that the trade flow system from EU4 will remain unchanged. :P

Josquius

The mask is slipping. Just call it eu5 already.

On peace for both sides - I can imagine where this causes trouble with the AI. But yes. Would be good to see. Maybe put heavy restrictions on it so you can't give away cores in this way, can only gain cores or minor colonial possessions, and so on?
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

I still think there is no confidence in Johan to spend the EU5 brand on this until he has proven it's actually a solid game.

garbon

How does this accomplish that? We also all no it is that brand so ruse seems at best paper thin.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

I guess its all marketing people looking at EU4's sales figures.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on October 04, 2024, 03:52:57 AMHow does this accomplish that? We also all no it is that brand so ruse seems at best paper thin.

It can still be called something else: Europa Imperiatoris or somesuch

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on October 04, 2024, 05:54:26 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 04, 2024, 03:52:57 AMHow does this accomplish that? We also all no it is that brand so ruse seems at best paper thin.

It can still be called something else: Europa Imperiatoris or somesuch

Maybe but would definitely cause confusion and dilute sales if EU5 separately comes out at some point.

Overall it just strikes me as really weird.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Well I can't think of any other reason why this isn't yet branded as EU5.

The Brain

Maybe moving away from a brand that can be seen as Eurocentric? And Crusader Kings 4 might not be called Crusader Kings 4.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on October 04, 2024, 07:06:28 AMMaybe moving away from a brand that can be seen as Eurocentric? And Crusader Kings 4 might not be called Crusader Kings 4.

Then just give it a new name already. This we have confidence but also don't have confidence in what is being designed is odd.