Car Explosion on US-Canadian Border (Niagara)

Started by Jacob, November 22, 2023, 02:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Right now there's no message on whether it's intentional or accidental. Cross border traffic is heavily impacted.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/rainbow-bridge-explosion-niagara-1.7036398

viper37

How reliable is the Mirror, UK newspaper?
It seems tabloid-ish...
They are reporting 2 dead and talking of an attempted terror attack:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/breaking-niagara-falls-explosion-blast-31421647
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

The Mirror is a tabloid I believe.

My only take-away is if they closed all the bridges, and not just the one impacted, they must be afraid of more than just a random and tragic automobile explosion.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Josquius

Quote from: viper37 on November 22, 2023, 03:24:47 PMHow reliable is the Mirror, UK newspaper?
It seems tabloid-ish...
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/breaking-niagara-falls-explosion-blast-31421647

Tabloid but probably the most reliable and factual of them. Just written for people who don't read.
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: Josquius on November 22, 2023, 05:01:17 PM
Quote from: viper37 on November 22, 2023, 03:24:47 PMHow reliable is the Mirror, UK newspaper?
It seems tabloid-ish...

Tabloid but probably the most reliable and factual of them. Just written for people who don't read.
Ok, thanks.  I was on my phone, it was hard to track anything.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on November 22, 2023, 06:01:45 PMIt is apparently an isolated incident.

The Americans are taking no chances.  Enhanced security everywhere and the Buffalo airport is closed.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 22, 2023, 06:07:40 PM
Quote from: viper37 on November 22, 2023, 06:01:45 PMIt is apparently an isolated incident.

The Americans are taking no chances.  Enhanced security everywhere and the Buffalo airport is closed.
Understandable.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DGuller

I don't think it was a terrorist attack, but I do wonder if anything happened with the car to make it go that fast.  I imagine that even if you're the kind of guy to drive your fancy car way in excess of the speed limit, you probably wouldn't be doing it near the border checkpoint.

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on November 22, 2023, 09:56:14 PMI don't think it was a terrorist attack, but I do wonder if anything happened with the car to make it go that fast.  I imagine that even if you're the kind of guy to drive your fancy car way in excess of the speed limit, you probably wouldn't be doing it near the border checkpoint.

Maybe a medical issue?  Guy has a stroke or heart attack and the body convulses?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

viper37

Quote from: DGuller on November 22, 2023, 09:56:14 PMI don't think it was a terrorist attack, but I do wonder if anything happened with the car to make it go that fast.  I imagine that even if you're the kind of guy to drive your fancy car way in excess of the speed limit, you probably wouldn't be doing it near the border checkpoint.
We won't know for a while.
Mechanical issues, medical issues as Grumbler said, murder-suicide,  there are a lot of possibilities.
The FBI will analyze what it can, but we might eventually never know since the car exploded.