News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I owe it all to...

Started by Josquius, November 21, 2023, 07:22:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Its the (for some, not too) distant future.
It's your 100th birthday and you're still fit and healthy (well, as much as we get) and look like going for another decade or two.
Everybody wants to know: To what do you owe your amazing longevity?

I've noticed in articles about people living a long time it's often something completely random and weird that they credit for it. I wonder if they really believe it or they're just taking the piss.

So. For mischievous old you, what about yourself would you credit?

For me? It'd be avoiding black (hopefully old=racist won't be a automatic trope people jump to then).
Toast has to be light. Burned bits are to be ruthlessly dissected from sausages and other food. The edges of crisps and chips are to be examined for instances of black before being devoured.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

I'll tell you what I attribute it to if I get there

Grey Fox

Being Woke.

Avocado on toast.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

PDH

Hookers, blow, and gambling.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Jacob

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

Being born in a reasonably affluent society providing me with opportunities to fail upwards (or at least sideways) :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HisMajestyBOB

Coffee every morning, whiskey every night.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Darth Wagtaros

Eh, being fit and healthy in a world that's burning down is probably not a great thing. I'd rather just check out early.
PDH!

Sophie Scholl

Continuance my sentence of karmic retribution from past lives.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?