News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

POLOT - President of Languish Election

Started by Darth Wagtaros, September 26, 2023, 01:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 27, 2023, 11:29:20 AMThe Armed Forces support the rightful President, Barrister Boy.

Signed, General Wolfe.

*bang* Long live the Committee of Languish Safety!

You cannot see attachments on this board.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Hamilcar

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Barrister on September 27, 2023, 02:20:10 PMYou forget your history, dear sir!

The position of PMOLOT was NOT brought in by the sovereign will of the people, but by the dictatorial reign of AnchorClankor!  Which is why I have stood up against the tyranny of the move ever since!

You've played this all wrong.  I handed you a legitimist alternative in the face of the revolutionary menace, and yet you stubbornly cling to the discredited presidential office. I wash my hands of it.  Apres toi, le deluge.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on September 27, 2023, 02:20:10 PMYou forget your history, dear sir!

The position of PMOLOT was NOT brought in by the sovereign will of the people, but by the dictatorial reign of AnchorClankor!  Which is why I have stood up against the tyranny of the move ever since!

The will of the people is irrelevant when it comes to the disposition of private property.  At the time Spanky declared himself PM he was paying the maintenance fee for the site. 

FunkMonk

Let us not be hasty, comrades. We need to select a committee which will determine the validity of Barrister's claim. We will also need a separate committee to determine the validity of the first committee's findings. Prior to all this, however, a judicial review must take place.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Jacob on September 27, 2023, 10:50:07 AMCurrent nominations without a second:

Tonitrus running as Nun-of-the-Above
Celery as God-Emperor

Each of these will need a second to be formally nominated.

... I also thought Darth Wagtaros nominated himself, but it doesn't look like it.

It has become obvious that we cannot win in Languish's deplorable system.  But most of all, I'd like to thank the volunteers.

chipwich

I don't want an election, I want to blindly obey the iron will of a Fuhrer

Syt

I promise that as chairman of the Languish Citizens Safety Committee I shall immediately return power to the only rightful sovereign of Languish - the people. -_-
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on September 28, 2023, 12:17:18 AMI promise that as chairman of the Languish Citizens Safety Committee I shall immediately return power to the only rightful sovereign of Languish - the people. -_-

So anarchy then and abdication of the role.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Savonarola

When I was in college I was involved in student government (I fell in with the wrong crowd.)  One of the issues, when I was there, was how to improve campus security; so the university put together a joint student-faculty-administration task force called (without irony) The Committee of Public Safety.  So if anyone plans to run on a Reign of Terror platform, I'd like to offer my services as a running mate; I have the experience, I've been there.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Barrister

Quote from: Savonarola on September 28, 2023, 03:48:53 PMWhen I was in college I was involved in student government (I fell in with the wrong crowd.)  One of the issues, when I was there, was how to improve campus security; so the university put together a joint student-faculty-administration task force called (without irony) The Committee of Public Safety.  So if anyone plans to run on a Reign of Terror platform, I'd like to offer my services as a running mate; I have the experience, I've been there.

My last year of university/law school I put in my name to be the student government rep for the law school.  I won by the two sweetest words in the english language - De Fault!

But being a 24 year old professional degree student gave you a ton of credit amongst a bunch of undergrads.  I wound up being the Chairperson AND chair of the finance committee.  I made friends with the President (who wound up in Parliament for a time) and had great fun.  Our mortal enemies were the Grad Students, who always took up with the crazy left-wing topics.

So I disagree that is the "wrong crowd" :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.