News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

POLOT - President of Languish Election

Started by Darth Wagtaros, September 26, 2023, 01:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Darth Wagtaros

The Vast Moderate Conspiracy has re-awakened and nominates garbasaurus as new President. 

And PDH has the constitutional monarch
PDH!

Jacob

So current candidates for this unnecessary election to a ceremonial position with no power for Languish OT (whatever that is, seeing as this is Languish Off the Record) are:

Nun of the Above (no nomination yet)
Garbasaurus (with a nomination)
Darth Wargs (no nomination yet

Anyone else?

Sheilbh

I don't recognise any President since Haps <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

The Minsky Moment

I nominate Charles Philip Arthur George Windsor as Emporear of Langush and BB as his Governor General.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

Languish should be ruled by a committee of people's delegates, chaired by an impartial chairman (or chairwoman) and acting in the best interest of the working class of the forum.

I humbly nominate myself as chairman. -_-
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Hamilcar

Languish should be ruled by GPT4 hallucinating all day long.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Quote from: Syt on September 27, 2023, 12:24:24 AMLanguish should be ruled by a committee of people's delegates, chaired by an impartial chairman (or chairwoman) and acting in the best interest of the working class of the forum.

seconded.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on September 27, 2023, 12:24:24 AMLanguish should be ruled by a committee of people's delegates, chaired by an impartial chairman (or chairwoman) and acting in the best interest of the working class of the forum.

We will call it the Committee of Languish Safety.

Thirded.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on September 27, 2023, 07:42:06 AM

We will call it the Committee of Languish Safety.

Thirded.

I wholeheartedly support the appointment of Syt to the position of Chair of the Committee of Languish Safety.

Jacob

Current nominated and seconded (or more) candidates:

Syt (Chair of the Committee of Languish Safety)
garbon (aka Garbasaurus)

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM