Zloty is clawing back (Tamas, how's HUF doing?)

Started by Martinus, July 25, 2009, 02:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

So, a year ago, zloty's value has spiked against dollar and euro with the exchange rates of 3.20 per EUR and 2.03 per USD (nb, this was considered an anomaly, as zloty at that rate was really overvalued).

Then, there was a negative spike this February, with the exchange rates climbing up to 4.91 per EUR and 3.90 per USD.

This week we have seen USD rate go below the magical number of 3 zlotys, and now the exchange rates are 4.19 per EUR and 2.95 per USD.

Good news. I may start going shopping abroad again.  :cool:

Martinus

Oh and Warsaw stock exchange is back to its levels from September last year. Its main index (WIG) has climbed back from its all time low in February (of 21k points) to 34k points.  :bowler:

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Tamas

HUF is as good as it was before the whole economic crisis thing set in.

Which is, ironicly, pretty bad for the governing party because their only excuse for continued existence was that "omg we can't call elections in the middle of a huge crisis are you stupid omg".
Their cheap-shot popularity stunts of protecting the people with debts in foreign currencies also seems to be pointless now.

Josquius

Horrible stuff.
The SEK has gone back up against the pound. Its been near 13 all summer now its near 12 :(
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tamas on July 25, 2009, 04:03:51 AM
Their cheap-shot popularity stunts of protecting the people with debts in foreign currencies also seems to be pointless now.
What stunts were those?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 25, 2009, 04:05:26 PM
Quote from: Tamas on July 25, 2009, 04:03:51 AM
What stunts were those?

Icy Hot.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Well, they are straight ballin, or so they say.  I dunno, the guy on the right would probably give it up to Grallon, but not Martinus.

Nobody likes a Russian.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Martinus

Polish stock exchange indices are highest since October and almost doubled compared to their December levels. The crisis is officially over.  :cool:

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on July 30, 2009, 11:16:46 AM
Polish stock exchange indices are highest since October and almost doubled compared to their December levels. The crisis is officially over.  :cool:

Surely an anti-trust lawyer would realize that the crisis has or had very little to do with stock market valuations. :bleeding:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on July 30, 2009, 12:28:01 PM
Quote from: Martinus on July 30, 2009, 11:16:46 AM

Surely an anti-trust lawyer would realize that the crisis has or had very little to do with stock market valuations. :bleeding:
Not from a legal/M&A market perspective. Stock prices increases = more investments and more IPOs = more work. :P