Monday
18 (62.1%)
Thursday
0 (0%)
Day 1.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Josquius

I've got this bloody annoying song stuck in my head.....
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Zanza

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

Quote from: Josquius on September 04, 2023, 04:24:55 AMI've got this bloody annoying song stuck in my head.....

Try mashing it between two bricks.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

HVC

Portuguese makes it easy by calling Monday (literally) the second day.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on September 04, 2023, 06:28:01 AMPortuguese makes it easy by calling Monday (literally) the second day.

The crypto Judeo-Moor beat me to it.  :P Portuguese and Greek use numbered week days.
From liturgical Latin in the Portuguese case, obviously.

Maladict

Josephus

Same in Maltese. Monday is it-tnejn, literally "the second"
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Tamas

Sheilbh

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 04, 2023, 06:14:58 AMSunday, you goddamn Napoleonites.
We should return to the Republican calendar :(

(Obviously 3-4 days off).
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

I think even in the day of St. Stephen, Sunday was considered the last day of the week when you go to Church and don't do anything.

The Brain

The Lord God rested after his labors. Not before.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

For those languages that have Sunday as literally "first day," does the weekend include "First Day?" Or does the term used for "weekend" in English not imply in those languages that those two days are at the end of the week?

These kinds of language differences are fun.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HVC

For Portuguese Sunday is Domingo, lords day. Saturday is Sabado (sabbath)

*edit* they do use "fim de semana", which means end of the week. But I don't know if that's a traditional thing or relatively new.

Edit 2 the rest of the week is:

segunda-feira
terca-feira
quarta-feira
quinta-feira
sexta-feira

2nd day, 3rd day, etc.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.