9 (39.1%)
2 (8.7%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

celedhring

So Spain has a general election this coming Sunday. We're probably getting far right assholes in government this time around, but let's focus on the essentials here: who would you vote for based solely on looks?

Josquius

Bottom woman purely for being a spy and obviously not Spanish.
Blonde Spanish people man.
No matter how many times I meet them they're just wrong.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

I'm blond  :lol:

To be frank, though, she's a fake blonde. Older pictures have her with brown hair.

Grey Fox

Probably Anti-trans anti-nato anti-eu christian pro-russian candidate.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Savonarola

#10, anyone that into leather can't be all bad.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Barrister

So I love these polls - quite the Languish tradition!

I always try to pick out the conservative but not crazy in the bunch.  Usually that means picking out the guy in the suit and tie - though I know some people are starting to game my stated criteria by thee pics they chose (and let me be clear - I have voted for women both in Languish polls, and in real life too).

So... I'm going to go #7 - green tie.  Looks like he is comfortable in a suit, not just wearing it for a special occasion.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

Without spoiling anything I'll go and say that I didn't try to get clever and attempted to choose pics that more or less align with the candidates favored fashion and public persona.

And that includes #10  :P

Iormlund

I obviously voted for #10.  :perv:

I guess I should vote for Mr. Handsome on Sunday, even if I hate his guts.
Though if the polls are correct that might only mean that the Canarian Coalition or the Basque Conservatives will be needed as well.
Honestly there's no upside here.

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on July 17, 2023, 10:41:14 AMSo... I'm going to go #7 - green tie.  Looks like he is comfortable in a suit, not just wearing it for a special occasion.

You mean the Bond villain? :D

I voted successful realestate agent (number 4)
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Voted for 11.  She seems to understand just how messed up things are.  She just needs a better poker face.  Everyone else looks a bit evil - especially Ronaldo's older brother, #12.  How is a Portuguese dude running for Spanish office?

Why all the crossed arms?  Is that a signifier to something positive in Spanish culture?

Zanza

Habbaku

I voted for the one that looks most likely to dissolve the parliament and have the king rule personally.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

:lol: I looked him up and I think I was right.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 17, 2023, 12:18:08 PMVoted for 11.  She seems to understand just how messed up things are.  She just needs a better poker face.  Everyone else looks a bit evil - especially Ronaldo's older brother, #12. 
Now that mention it, there is something. Needs a tan for a better illusion.

QuoteHow is a Portuguese dude running for Spanish office?

A Galician?  :lol: Wait, it's not the BNG (Bloque Nacional Galego) candidade, is it?

Sheilbh

Number 5 because I like his coat :goodboy:

Obviously I'd actually vote for number 6 :ph34r: Or Sanchez depending on my mood...
Let's bomb Russia!