News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2024 US Presidential Elections Megathread

Started by Syt, May 25, 2023, 02:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josquius on July 23, 2024, 03:40:33 AMNice little bit from Harris.

Quote'Before I became a Senator, I was an attorney general & a prosecutor. In those roles I took on perpetrators of all kinds. Predators..... Fraudsters.... Cheaters ....I know Donald Trump's type'

:lol:

https://x.com/carolvorders/status/1815607254558834869

Yeah the prosecutor vs the felon is a great way to frame this election.

Legbiter

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 22, 2024, 05:08:04 PMBut from the Atlantic: "Democrats' prevailing mood since Sunday has been overwhelming relief, as if the entire party just passed a kidney stone". All of the reporting talks about feelings of overwhelming relief, joy, excitement - and that fundraising chart. It's very up and down.

Yeah with a good VP pick (well-liked governor from a swing state) she can white-knuckle her odds of winning to about 50-50.  :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

garbon

https://pro.morningconsult.com/analysis/kamala-harris-biden-campaign-polling

QuoteHarris Is Uniting and Energizing Democratic Voters — and Polling Better Against Trump
65% of Democrats support Harris replacing Biden atop the ticket, where she's more competitive against Trump

KEY TAKEAWAYS
A Morning Consult survey conducted after President Joe Biden ended his re-election campaign found that 65% of Democratic voters support Harris to lead the party's ticket, more than double the level of support she had in a hypothetical look at the same question late last month following the first presidential debate.

Former President Donald Trump leads Harris by 2 percentage points, 47% to 45%, in our survey conducted after Biden announced his decision to step aside, marking an improvement from the 6-point margin Biden faced in our surveys conducted ahead of his exit from the race.

Democratic voters are more likely than Republicans (27% to 24%) to say they're "much more motivated" to participate in the political process this election season following Biden's decision, mirroring the gap between Biden's and Trump's respective 2020 supporters (26% to 23%).

Most voters (63%) say Biden should serve out the remainder of his term, compared with 30% who said he should resign now. When it comes to Trump, Biden's exit appears to have prompted soul-searching among some GOP voters: 27% said Trump should be replaced as the GOP nominee, up slightly from a week ago.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: Legbiter on July 23, 2024, 08:16:09 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on July 22, 2024, 05:08:04 PMBut from the Atlantic: "Democrats' prevailing mood since Sunday has been overwhelming relief, as if the entire party just passed a kidney stone". All of the reporting talks about feelings of overwhelming relief, joy, excitement - and that fundraising chart. It's very up and down.

Yeah with a good VP pick (well-liked governor from a swing state) she can white-knuckle her odds of winning to about 50-50.  :hmm:
So Shapiro?
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Seems promising

https://x.com/bobcesca_go/status/1815521178787995864
QuoteMSNBC just now: Kamala Harris has 94% support among Democrats, that's 5-points more than Hillary Clinton on Election Day 2016.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Holy shit, are those videos available?

Can the Dems use them in ads?

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/07/23/politics/kfile-jd-vance-believed-donald-trump-sexual-assault-allegations-2016/index.html
QuoteOhio Sen. JD Vance, the Republican vice-presidential nominee, repeatedly indicated in 2016 that he believed Donald Trump had committed sexual assault, even suggesting in one TV segment that in a "he said, she said" situation Trump was less credible than one of his accusers.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 23, 2024, 08:47:25 AMHoly shit, are those videos available?

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/07/23/politics/kfile-jd-vance-believed-donald-trump-sexual-assault-allegations-2016/index.html
QuoteOhio Sen. JD Vance, the Republican vice-presidential nominee, repeatedly indicated in 2016 that he believed Donald Trump had committed sexual assault, even suggesting in one TV segment that in a "he said, she said" situation Trump was less credible than one of his accusers.

Even if they are not allowed should still do it and swallow the fine.

garbon

It was on MSNBC

https://archive.org/details/MSNBCW_20161012_230000_Hardball_With_Chris_Matthews/start/2700/end/2760

QuoteVance appeared on a MSNBC segment in October 2016 on Trump's alleged sexual misconduct in which an interview with Jessica Leeds, a former salesperson who accused  Trump of groping and forcibly kissing her during a flight in the 1970s, was played. Vance said it was hard to believe Trump's denials over Leeds.

"At a fundamental level, this is sort of a 'he said, she said,' right? And at the end of the day, do you believe Donald Trump, who always tells the truth? Just kidding," said Vance sarcastically. "Or do you believe that woman on that tape?" he said, referring to Leeds.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 23, 2024, 08:47:25 AMHoly shit, are those videos available?

What would that do? Vance would say he "fell for the lies of the mainstream media" but now knows better.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on July 23, 2024, 09:00:31 AM

What would that do? Vance would say he "fell for the lies of the mainstream media" but now knows better.

It's not Trumpians they need to convince but the (Hod knows why) still undecided, that the Trump team is a far bigger shitshow than they paint the Dems to be.

Valmy

I think having an ad of Vance ripping Trump would be effective.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Savonarola

Watching CNN spontaneously combust with joy over Kamala Harris is amusing.  My favorites so far:

First on CNN:  George Clooney Endorses Harris  At last the endorsement that really matters; it's all over but the shouting now.

Charli XCX called Kamala Harris 'brat.' Why that's Powerful.  POWERFUL!

Fortunately (or maybe not) this honeymoon phase only lasts a short period.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Legbiter

Quote from: Savonarola on July 23, 2024, 09:46:24 AMCharli XCX called Kamala Harris 'brat.' Why that's Powerful.  POWERFUL!

:lol:

Quote from: Savonarola on July 23, 2024, 09:46:24 AMFortunately (or maybe not) this honeymoon phase only lasts a short period.

Give it a week for new polling to become available and the pundits will be back to puking blood. :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

crazy canuck

The Democrats needed to be energized, they are now, and cynical internet denizens need to do their best to shit all over it.

Norgy

I really need to update my personal urban dictionary for "brat" to mean a positive thing.