Disturbing Facts emerge over hate slaying at Oxnard School

Started by Jaron, July 24, 2009, 05:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

School shooting described at McInerney hearing

By Raul Hernandez (Contact)
Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Brandon McInerney, the teen accused of fatally shooting a classmate at an Oxnard school, fired two shots as some students were giggling over the victim's gender identity, according to testimony Tuesday in court.

McInerney, 15, is charged with murder and a hate crime in the death of Larry King, 15, on Feb. 12, 2008. King dressed in a feminine manner and told friends he was gay.

McInerney, who was 14 when the shooting occurred, is being tried as an adult. If convicted, he could face as much as 53 years to life in prison.

In the second day of a preliminary hearing in the case, District Attorney's Office investigator Robert Coughlin testified Tuesday that law enforcement officials interviewed more than 175 people during the investigation into the homicide. He said he conducted 40 of the interviews himself.

He testified that one of his interviews was with a female student who said McInerney was reading a book just before the shooting. Students had been in the E.O Green School classroom for about 15 or 20 minutes.

The female student told Coughlin that she started a conversation with King, who was sitting near her, and asked him to confirm rumors that he was changing his first name to a girl's name.

The student said boys in the room were giggling after her remark, and then King said: "What are you laughing about?"

The female student said she heard a noise that sounded like "a pop," Coughlin testified.

"She saw Larry King sliding down from his seat," said Coughlin, adding that the girl said she also saw McInerney fire a second shot to the back of King's head.

According to the girl, McInerney said nothing as he looked around the computer lab classroom before firing the second time, Coughlin testified.

Also on Tuesday, a gang expert testified that McInerney was deeply entrenched in white supremacist ideology, which became the driving force behind the shooting, he said.

King was gay and was perceived by McInerney as an enemy of the white race because of his gay lifestyle, according to police Detective Dan Swanson, who testified at length Tuesday afternoon. The preliminary hearing is expected to continue today with Swanson being cross-examined by defense attorneys Scott Wippert and Robyn Bramson.

Swanson, whose credentials were immediately challenged by defense lawyers, spent hours on the stand testifying about drawings, Nazi symbols and other material that police found in McInerney's bedroom and inside his backpack.

Testimony indicated that King wore women's clothing, including earrings and heels, to school and painted his nails. Defense lawyers are trying to portray King as a troubled boy and a sexual aggressor who would taunt and tease boys with flirtatious remarks and gestures such as blowing kisses at them.

They have argued in court that King was also a schoolyard bully toward McInerney and other boys. An autopsy showed that King was small in stature, standing 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighing 111 pounds, according to testimony on Monday.

Coughlin, the district attorney's investigator, testified that computer lab teacher Dawn Boldrin never knew there were problems between King and McInerney.

Coughlin said that in his interview with Boldrin, she told him that King's behavior was not a problem; she described his behavior as that of a shy, feminine boy.

Boldrin said McInerney told her that he was going to be a skinhead and join the "white power" movement, according to Coughlin. However, McInerney later said, "Oh, I am kidding," Coughlin testified.

The investigator also said the computer lab class was studying World War II and other students, not just McInerney, were interested in writing about Adolf Hitler.

He also said some witnesses said McInerney associated with minority students

Under cross-examination, much of Wippert's questioning of Coughlin focused on King's alleged harassment of others and McInerney's association with minority students.

Coughlin said that Boldrin acknowledged that she gave King women's boots, makeup, nail polish and jewelry.

"She encouraged him to dress like a girl," Coughlin said. "She supported his position in regards to his sexual orientation."

The teacher showed King how to use makeup to "enhance his natural beauty," Coughlin said, adding that other teachers and school administrators expressed concern about the way King dressed.

"He was pushing his lifestyle on others?" Wippert asked.

"Yes, more confidently since going to Casa Pacifica," Coughlin replied, referring to a Camarillo shelter for abused and troubled children where King was living.

He said one teacher told Coughlin that students were approaching her and saying that King was "blowing kisses at them."

The shooter.

I guess this is a picture of the victim. Can't confirm because I pulled it off some pink transgender website :P

The disturbing language in the article to me at least is that there is some kind of sinister agenda to "push" the gay lifestyle. So, my question is: If a teacher was providing this boy with things like heels and teaching him to put on make up (as has been alleged), should that teacher be punished? What do you all make of this?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

PDH

I think that someday you will look back on this first teaching experience and realize that perhaps you made some errors.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Neil

Well, at least the shooter prevented a number of child rapes.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Jaron

Quote from: PDH on July 24, 2009, 06:07:23 PM
I think that someday you will look back on this first teaching experience and realize that perhaps you made some errors.

:lol: :blush: :blush:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Martinus

Quote from: Siege on July 24, 2009, 10:44:08 PM
Well, one fag and one skinhead less to worry about.

Fuck you, retard. I seriously hope you get a bullet through your empty skull in one of your military escapades, so you can rejoin with that shitty Jahweh/Allah thing of yours. Hell, if we get news of you being shot to death, I will dance a fucking jig.

Martinus

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 24, 2009, 09:20:40 PM
This mean his talk show is finally cancelled?

Why don't you go back and make more Pacman pies, so your friends may laugh at you and maybe you end up realising how miserable your life is?

Martinus

Quote from: Jaron on July 24, 2009, 05:53:07 PM
The disturbing language in the article to me at least is that there is some kind of sinister agenda to "push" the gay lifestyle. So, my question is: If a teacher was providing this boy with things like heels and teaching him to put on make up (as has been alleged), should that teacher be punished? What do you all make of this?

Well, this is the good old "gay panic" defense, which is one of the ugliest blotches on American trial history.

I guess if a guy flirted with a girl and she didn't like his advances, she is free to shoot him in the head, too.

Tamas

Syt

Quote from: Martinus on July 25, 2009, 02:51:26 AM
I guess if a guy flirted with a girl and she didn't like his advances, she is free to shoot him in the head, too.

In a free country she should be. After all, her being the weaker sex, such a situation could easily devolve into a gang rape.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on July 25, 2009, 04:05:34 AM
:lol: having a bad morning, Mart?

No, I find all the jokes and cheering over a brutal tragic death of a young kid, who was murdered only because he was different, distasteful and outrageous.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on July 25, 2009, 04:25:48 AM

No, I find all the jokes and cheering over a brutal tragic death of a young kid, who was murdered only because he was different, distasteful and outrageous.

But was he really all that different, distasteful and outrageous?

CountDeMoney

Marty saw the HomoSignal in the sky, and had to mince into action.