Some other state should do.
0 (0%)
No, Take a contract out on him with the Mafia or other organised crime
1 (6.3%)
Don't know
4 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 16

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on February 27, 2023, 03:17:16 PMCorrect me if I'm wrong, but when a de-facto state of war exists between Ukraine and Russia, both Putin and Zelenskyy are legitimate targets, no?
Yes, they are legitimate.  Russia has nothing to lose by assassinating Zelensky at this point.  But Ukraine has a lot to loose.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

Quote from: viper37 on February 28, 2023, 10:14:18 AM
Quote from: Barrister on February 27, 2023, 03:17:16 PMCorrect me if I'm wrong, but when a de-facto state of war exists between Ukraine and Russia, both Putin and Zelenskyy are legitimate targets, no?
Yes, they are legitimate.  Russia has nothing to lose by assassinating Zelensky at this point.  But Ukraine has a lot to loose.

Sort of nuclear weapons and chemical battlefield weapon use, what worse things could Russia do to Ukraine?

And bare in mind those probably harbinger in a wider world war with NATO?
So I think Ukraine should at least consider it as an option, say if the war takes a bad turn perhaps.

Incidentally, is it now time to 'go after' Putin's adult children, if any still live in the West and enjoy the benefits of that. But as adults directly gaining from the Russian dictator.

They should be put on the spot, having to choose between denouncing Putin's Russia or being arrested* whilst their very likely murky financial affairs are thoroughly examined, at length.

* They'll certainly be a flight rish.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

It's not what Russia would do, but what the most lukewarm Ukraine suppporters would do.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Solmyr

Putin has not recognized any children AFAIK, so it would likely be problematic if western countries started sanctioning them without very watertight proof of relation.

viper37

Quote from: mongers on February 28, 2023, 10:53:35 AMSort of nuclear weapons and chemical battlefield weapon use, what worse things could Russia do to Ukraine?
There is this possibility with Russia, but I was thinking more in terms of international consequences and a drop of support in public opinion and foreign government military aid if they go down that way.

QuoteAnd bare in mind those probably harbinger in a wider world war with NATO?
So I think Ukraine should at least consider it as an option, say if the war takes a bad turn perhaps.
If the war takes a bad turn, they have more pressing targets, like the competent officers on the field.

QuoteIncidentally, is it now time to 'go after' Putin's adult children, if any still live in the West and enjoy the benefits of that. But as adults directly gaining from the Russian dictator.
As in killing them? No.  As in sanctioning them?  I thought it was done already, but if not, yes, absolutely.

QuoteThey should be put on the spot, having to choose between denouncing Putin's Russia or being arrested* whilst their very likely murky financial affairs are thoroughly examined, at length.
Yes.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: Solmyr on February 28, 2023, 11:05:58 AMPutin has not recognized any children AFAIK, so it would likely be problematic if western countries started sanctioning them without very watertight proof of relation.

I think his children from his first wife have been publicly acknowledged, though on a low profile.

You might be right about any more recent children.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Crazy_Ivan80