News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Is the Obama Administration Over?

Started by Faeelin, July 24, 2009, 08:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faeelin

So, his approval ratings are down around 55%, his health care bill is clearly not going to pass, and a slight majority of Americans now think the bailout was a disaster. When combined with an economy that wil suck for years to come, which will only drag down his approval ratings...

Has he become a lameduck six months in?

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

If that is true it just shows that with the ridiculous media cycle and short attention span of the public this country is rapidly becoming almost ungovernable.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

:yes: I've been saying for quite some time that the Republic will fall shortly, probably within a generation or two. :)

Faeelin

Quote from: Valmy on July 24, 2009, 08:06:36 AM
If that is true it just shows that with the ridiculous media cycle and short attention span of the public this country is rapidly becoming almost ungovernable.
I don't think that's fair. I just think he's been caught with his pants down time and time again, and seems t have trouble actually planning getting legislation past.

Valmy

Quote from: Faeelin on July 24, 2009, 08:12:05 AM
I don't think that's fair. I just think he's been caught with his pants down time and time again, and seems t have trouble actually planning getting legislation past.

Oh but you lambasting him after only 6 months is?  Hey he may suck as President but come now...
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Faeelin on July 24, 2009, 08:12:05 AM
Quote from: Valmy on July 24, 2009, 08:06:36 AM
He is president because of the media boost.  He may have made for a good president in another 10 years. 
PDH!

Fate

Yes, it's over. He's also not a natural born citizen. All hail President Biden.  :mellow:

Neil

Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2009, 08:10:05 AM
:yes: I've been saying for quite some time that the Republic will fall shortly, probably within a generation or two. :)
Democracy is inherently unsound.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

Biden would be a better President.  WAY more experience, and also he's much funnier (though usually not intentionally). :)

Caliga

Quote from: Neil on July 24, 2009, 08:19:21 AM
Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2009, 08:10:05 AM
Democracy is inherently unsound.
I agree, and this one is at the end of its rope.  :cool:

HVC

The Dem's should have lost this election.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Fate

Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2009, 08:19:29 AM
Biden would be a better President.  WAY more experience, and also he's much funnier (though usually not intentionally). :)
I agree he's old. I don't agree he's way more experienced.

Let's look at one of Biden's pet theories in hindsight. Would Iraq be a better place today if it were partitioned into three regions?

alfred russel

Quote from: Faeelin on July 24, 2009, 08:04:42 AM
So, his approval ratings are down around 55%, his health care bill is clearly not going to pass, and a slight majority of Americans now think the bailout was a disaster. When combined with an economy that wil suck for years to come, which will only drag down his approval ratings...

Has he become a lameduck six months in?

Don't sell healthcare too short. I don't see how democrats will be able to look voters in the eye if nothing passes.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Neil

Quote from: HVC on July 24, 2009, 08:21:04 AM
The Dem's should have lost this election.
Instead, they reelected Carter, and now have ensured that the Republicans will win the next few elections.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.