News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Supremacy 1914

Started by Seen, August 01, 2009, 10:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seen

With the recent rise (and quick downfall) of browser games I was wondering if people would be intrested in this little game:

http://www.supremacy1914.com/index.php?id=78

I was recently pointed to this little gem on pdox and enjoying my first game a lot. Its a grand strategy game losely based *duh* on pre world war one europe. Not that far in but it is actually realtime and the diplomacy/RP (with the right players) is very engaging.

Languish up for a game?

I took the liberty to setup a game that will start when full:

Game name: Languish Supremacy
Password: lala25

Syt

I'd have to see their boobs themed ads first.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Syt on August 01, 2009, 12:12:31 PM
I'd have to see their boobs themed ads first.

:lol:

Kaiser Wilhelm: Play now, my lord.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jaron

Didnt the supremacy stuff come around in the 30s? ;)
Winner of THE grumbler point.

ulmont

Quote from: Seen on August 01, 2009, 10:44:51 AM
I was recently pointed to this little gem on pdox and enjoying my first game a lot. Its a grand strategy game losely based *duh* on pre world war one europe. Not that far in but it is actually realtime and the diplomacy/RP (with the right players) is very engaging.

Shit.  Didn't realize the realtime aspect.  No way is that going to work long-term.

Seen

Quote from: ulmont on August 01, 2009, 02:45:38 PM

Shit.  Didn't realize the realtime aspect.  No way is that going to work long-term.
Well its actually rather slow. Moving trough one province already takes 3 hours. An invasion at least 8-12. Building things take even longer.

ulmont

Quote from: Seen on August 01, 2009, 02:48:29 PM
Quote from: ulmont on August 01, 2009, 02:45:38 PM

Well its actually rather slow. Moving trough one province already takes 3 hours. An invasion at least 8-12. Building things take even longer.

:bleeding:  Is there a surrender or quit button anywhere...

Seen

Quote from: ulmont on August 01, 2009, 02:52:18 PM
Not that I know off, but since its slow enough to be a turn based game and fast enough to actually do things why not give it a shot?  :P

ulmont

Quote from: Seen on August 01, 2009, 03:44:24 PM
Not that I know off, but since its slow enough to be a turn based game and fast enough to actually do things why not give it a shot?  :P

The game seems to have the worst of both real time and turn-based, is why.

Seen

Quote from: ulmont on August 01, 2009, 03:45:59 PM
Quote from: Seen on August 01, 2009, 03:44:24 PM

The game seems to have the worst of both real time and turn-based, is why.
A I see. Well we can always choose to let this go into archive till a mod notices it and deletes it.

At the same time we could see if enough are interested  for 'new' one :D