News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Command and Conquer 4

Started by Faeelin, August 01, 2009, 09:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faeelin

So, apparently it's on its way, with the trailer thus far indicating Kane was right all along and GDI's resistance has doomed humanity.

Razgovory

Originally it was intended to be a trilogy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Fate

I couldn't stand the story/acting in Red Alert 3. Hopefully C&C 4 will avoid the same train wreck.

Razgovory

There was something wrong with Red alert 3.  It bored me two tears.  I figure it was because of the Japanese.  I did think the British chick was really hot.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Fate

Another one of the major issues were the units. I mean, Red Alert 1 & 2 were never much for realism (time travel, four turret behemoth tanks, etc), but they really went off the deep with the mecha suits, war bears, samurais, "mammoth tanks" that literally had two cannons attached to a fucking genetically engineered mammoth, and so on...

Razgovory

Also the color scheme bugged me.  Everything was to bright.  And many of the missions sucked.  I did like C&C 3 well enough.  Certainly better then C&C 2 (which was terrible).

FunkMonk

C&C 3 was great. I hope this last one improves even more on that formula.

I agree on Red Alert 3, btw. I didn't even bother buying it. It just looked terrible.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josquius

From Yuri's Revenge onwards C&C is lost to me.
██████
██████
██████

Cecil

C&C is a weird series. Tiberian Dawn  was a great game back in the day if horribly balanced. Lots of fun multi. Tiberian Sun was a pretty huge dissapointment but it had one good thing going and that was the completely different type of gameplay of the two factions. Tiberium wars was actually more fun than Sun so I never really got why so many hated it. Sure it wasnt stellar but it wasnt bad either.

Red Alert is even weirder, with 1 being sorta C&C but more serious then 2 becomes virtually the looney tunes of C&C games with Yuri managing to top even that. Despite that RA2 was a really fun game to play. They then tried to repeat the formula with an even more cartoonish RA3 but it seems lightning decided to not strike twice in the same spot because it really bored me to tears despite the masturbation worthy girls.

Razgovory

I agree pretty much with this.

Josquius

I've never played Tiberium Wars. As I said Yuri's Revenge is where I totally soured on the series.
I got Red Alert first and loved it to bits, from then I also got Red Alert 2 and C&C and found them both to be pretty good.
I tried playing Tiberium Sun at one point but...I just couldn't get into it. Got bored after one or two levels.
██████
██████
██████