News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Breakfast

Started by Threviel, December 26, 2022, 02:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OttoVonBismarck

I'm kinda like you CC, I fasted til lunch for many years but have been making breakfast every morning since covid era started.

My main breakfasts are basically between these 3 options based on my mood / pantry situation:

1. Bagel + cream cheese + bit of capers + smoked salmon
2. 1 cup of oatmeal
3. A "country" (i.e. not pretty) style omelet with 2 eggs, 2 egg whites, usually mushrooms and whatever meat I have handy (often ground turkey for health reasons.)

I don't usually eat any greens at breakfast, I try to get my daily greens by adding a large salad to whatever I have for lunch.

Gups

I'm currently fasting til lunch on the 16/8 thing. Finding it quite tough, perhaps because I get up at 5.30.

Darth Wagtaros

I tend not to. If I do it'll be some toast or a bagel or some Ritz crackers and peanut butter.

If I have leftover pizza I'll reheat that.

PDH!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Gups on January 11, 2023, 01:41:51 PMI'm currently fasting til lunch on the 16/8 thing. Finding it quite tough, perhaps because I get up at 5.30.

That is when I hit the gym.  I found that I took so much time during lunch to eat that it broke up my day too much.  Now I prepare a large breakfast after the gym and eat a light lunch and dinner.  That works best for me now.

11B4V

Quote from: Threviel on December 26, 2022, 02:09:48 PMWe're all old geezers and I got to thinking about how we do breakfast. What do you eat and how do you prepare it?

I'll start: If I work at home I eat a crispbread with margarine, an egg and some smoked salted cod roe with a cup of coffee. me and the wife eat breakfast together after she's sen the kids to school.

If I go into the office I bring some home baked rye bread with margarine and cheese and have a cup of coffee in front of the computer.

I don't.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".