Dead Pool 2023

Started by Josephus, December 26, 2022, 06:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on June 12, 2023, 04:57:31 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on June 12, 2023, 03:48:12 AMSilvio Berlusconi dead at 86.

He'll be at Tussaud tomorrow

Too late, he was already in Musée Grévin.

Sua Emittenza popularised Pierino movies (not exactly the best of what the commedia erotica all'italiana had to offer)  in France, when he had a channel back in the late '80s/early '90s, la 5. Back then he was in good terms with Mitterand.  :P

Maybe the tifosi of Milan A.C miss him, though not for the end of his ownership there.

Maladict

I'm genuinely surprised at the amount of respect and decorum on display in my social media stream, from even my most lefty Italian friends.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: Maladict on June 12, 2023, 08:39:41 AMI'm genuinely surprised at the amount of respect and decorum on display in my social media stream, from even my most lefty Italian friends.

But nobody likes him right?
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Brain on June 13, 2023, 04:52:29 AMRIP Treat Williams.
RIP
(More) Dead Heat
:(
Who will substitute the Subtitute now?

Maladict

Quote from: Josquius on June 13, 2023, 05:03:15 AM
Quote from: Maladict on June 12, 2023, 08:39:41 AMI'm genuinely surprised at the amount of respect and decorum on display in my social media stream, from even my most lefty Italian friends.

I think some do  :wacko:

Razgovory

Cormac McCarthy is dead. 

Blood Meridian disturbed me.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

There are people who genuinely believe Trump was a competent President and still love him...  Why would you be surprised about Berlusconi who at least was competent at being corrupt and rewarding his allies?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on June 13, 2023, 03:08:36 PMCormac McCarthy is dead.

Blood Meridian disturbed me.

:(

I thought that The Passenger was so self-indulgent that I didn't bother with Stella Maris.  The first book in 16 year and McCarthy decides that characters, narrative, and plot are unnecessary so long as the language is clever?

Loved a lot of his earlier stuff, though, and at least respected the works I didn't love.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

I only read The Road. Bit grueling to get through.

RIP
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Quote from: viper37 on June 13, 2023, 04:18:43 PM

There are people who genuinely believe Trump was a competent President and still love him...  Why would you be surprised about Berlusconi who at least was competent at being corrupt and rewarding his allies?

There's people who believe the world is flat so of course there'd be some.

But... More time passed in Italy and it's more of a democracy where you aren't forced into a red or blue team shouting match. Also the cult was less developed in his case.
Still. I was mostly joking. You do get thatcher fans afterall.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Quote from: Josquius on June 14, 2023, 01:44:37 AMStill. I was mostly joking. You do get thatcher fans afterall.

There's some of them on this forum too.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on June 14, 2023, 05:21:24 AM
Quote from: Josquius on June 14, 2023, 01:44:37 AMStill. I was mostly joking. You do get thatcher fans afterall.

There's some of them on this forum too.

:)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.