Libertarian arrested! Former Montana Freeman; child molester

Started by Razgovory, July 24, 2009, 01:32:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

One of government's key functions is to persecute Martinus.  Libertarians would deprive them of the mechanisms with which to do this.  It is not enough to depend on private citizens to persecute him.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

Quote from: Neil on July 25, 2009, 02:16:23 PM
Monarchism is still going strong.  Most of the English-speaking countries are still monarchies.
Most English-speaking countries are non-authoritarian, but that doesn't mean libertarianism is getting any healthier than monarchism.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on July 25, 2009, 02:32:02 PM
Anyway, I don't think it's fair to call a libertarian a scumbag.  Just because he acts on political beliefs that the government shouldn't infringe on what he does in the bed room.
Agreed.  Not even the sub-branch that lives in their parents' basements and add "mom" to "government" in that formulation.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

This sucks.  I baited a good troll and all I cought was a Grumbler.  A sour and unpalatable fish indeed. <_<
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on July 25, 2009, 02:59:51 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 25, 2009, 02:16:23 PM
Monarchism is still going strong.  Most of the English-speaking countries are still monarchies.
Most English-speaking countries are non-authoritarian, but that doesn't mean libertarianism is getting any healthier than monarchism.
Of course not.  No civilized country even approaches the libertarian ideal, and people like it like that.  On the other hand, the vast majority of civilized countries are monarchies, and there isn't really much impetus to change that.  Thus, monarchism is healthy, while libertarianism is not.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Jaron

Quote from: Razgovory on July 25, 2009, 03:09:44 PM
This sucks.  I baited a good troll and all I cought was a Grumbler.  A sour and unpalatable fish indeed. <_<

Just throw him back, son. He'll bite whatever you cast into the lake next week.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Ed Anger

try it breaded and deep fried.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DisturbedPervert

I read this as Morgan Freeman.  Now that would have been a thread.

ulmont

Quote from: grumbler on July 25, 2009, 02:06:00 PM
Only you, Fate, and Raz (and maybe Neil) would call particular scumbags members of a political party without evidence.

I have the evidence; this particular scumbag was a member of a group that thought all government was illegitimate.  I can find at least one article (cursory search) from Lew Rockwell's site that explicitly says government is illegitimate:

Quote from: http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/snyder2.htmlChrist's command thus renders government illegitimate.

Lew Rockwell is well-known as a libertarian; therefore, it is not insane to classify the belief that government is illegitimate as a libertarian belief, or at least a belief held by some libertarians.  Your insistence that only the LP platform counts for "Libertarians" is in One True Scotsman territory.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Neil

I would say that the Libertarian Party platform is rather important for Libertarians, but far less so for libertarians.

Admiral Yi

If Libertarians think government is illegitimate why do they keep running for office?

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 25, 2009, 03:29:19 PM
If Libertarians think government is illegitimate why do they keep running for office?

Why did the CNT take government posts during the Spanish Civil war?  Why do Communists own businesses?  Why do small government conservatives increase the size of government?  Who knows?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 25, 2009, 03:18:04 PM

try it breaded and deep fried.

I had my eye on the Throbbing Cuckold. :(  Instead I caught something older then a Coelacanth.  On the otherhand I did catch a Leventine Well-spoiler.  Easy to bait, but tremendous fun to watch thrash around.