Libertarian arrested! Former Montana Freeman; child molester

Started by Razgovory, July 24, 2009, 01:32:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: PRC on July 24, 2009, 12:45:52 PM
No i'm thinking of the sequel.. Beastmaster 2: Through the Portal of Time

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101412/
There was a sequel? :bleeding:

btw I thought the creativity displayed in that movie was GENIOUS.  A vicious tribe of nomads named.. the JUNS.

When I make a fantasy movie, it will star a general from the Groman Empire battling against the Farthian hordes from the Orient.  The general shall be named Crattus.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2009, 11:38:19 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 24, 2009, 11:34:25 AM
Yor! That was another one I remembered fondly for years, even though even as a kid I realized it was horrible.
I'm trying to remember what happened at the end... but wasn't it that Yor discovered that there was a nuclear war like a million years before and they were the survivors, who had forgotten about civilization (hence the title)?
Yeah. Ceptin there were dinosaurs and laserguns and aliens in there for some reason too. And some Atlantis like city of obnoxious people.
PDH!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2009, 12:49:44 PM
Quote from: PRC on July 24, 2009, 12:45:52 PM
No i'm thinking of the sequel.. Beastmaster 2: Through the Portal of Time

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101412/
There was a sequel? :bleeding:

btw I thought the creativity displayed in that movie was GENIOUS.  A vicious tribe of nomads named.. the JUNS.

When I make a fantasy movie, it will star a general from the Groman Empire battling against the Farthian hordes from the Orient.  The general shall be named Crattus.
The sequel was an abomination that makes other abominations like New Coke or Greedo shooting first look as wholesome as apple pie and baseball (pre steroids).
PDH!

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on July 24, 2009, 12:29:51 PM
What is a typical Libertarian anyway?  Are there some polls that reflect the "typical" Libertarian's beliefs.
Dunno.  You are the one claiming this guy is a Libertarian.  Since the story doesn't mention that, presumably you recognize Libertarians by their haircuts.  Or is it that they live in campers/basements/wilderness huts and are (or should be) under psychiatric care?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

ulmont

Quote from: grumbler on July 25, 2009, 11:50:52 AM
You are the one claiming this guy is a Libertarian.  Since the story doesn't mention that

The story mentioned that he was a member of the Montana Freemen, which believed that all forms of organized government were illegitimate.  That sounds pretty Libertarian.

grumbler

Quote from: ulmont on July 25, 2009, 12:09:10 PM
You are the one claiming this guy is a Libertarian.  Since the story doesn't mention that

The story mentioned that he was a member of the Montana Freemen, which believed that all forms of organized government were illegitimate.  That sounds pretty Libertarian.
http://www.lp.org/ is the Libertarian national web site. Go ahead and find me a policy or philosophical statement that says that "all forms of organized government [a]re illegitimate."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on July 25, 2009, 12:14:58 PM

http://www.lp.org/ is the Libertarian national web site. Go ahead and find me a policy or philosophical statement that says that "all forms of organized government [a]re illegitimate."
No, but you get gems like this:
QuoteRather than banning guns, the politicians and the police should encourage gun ownership, as well as education and training programs. A responsible, well-armed and trained citizenry is the best protection against domestic crime and the threat of foreign invasion. America's founders knew that. It is still true today.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

ulmont

Quote from: grumbler on July 25, 2009, 12:14:58 PM

It's not in the LP platform, no, except as an extrapolation from the following statements:

QuoteGovernments throughout history have regularly operated on the opposite principle, that the State has the right to dispose of the lives of individuals and the fruits of their labor. Even within the United States, all political parties other than our own grant to government the right to regulate the lives of individuals and seize the fruits of their labor without their consent.

We, on the contrary, deny the right of any government to do these things

Denying the right of any government to do the things the LP says every government does sounds an awful lot like calling all governments illegitimate.

I'll concede that the official LP platform nowhere explicitly calls all government illegitimate...but relying only on the official LP platform for the beliefs of Libertarians seems a bit limiting (and a standard not often applied to the Democratic or Republican parties).

CountDeMoney

Neil

Libertarians are backwards barbarians anyways.  Their ideology is virtually extinct, and the world is a better place for it.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: ulmont on July 25, 2009, 12:39:38 PM
It's not in the LP platform, no, except as an extrapolation from the following statements:
(snip)
Denying the right of any government to do the things the LP says every government does sounds an awful lot like calling all governments illegitimate.
Not unless you are :tinfoil:  Saying that governments should not have certain powers has nothing to do with their legitimacy.

QuoteI'll concede that the official LP platform nowhere explicitly calls all government illegitimate...but relying only on the official LP platform for the beliefs of Libertarians seems a bit limiting (and a standard not often applied to the Democratic or Republican parties).
Only you, Fate, and Raz (and maybe Neil) would call particular scumbags members of a political party without evidence.  It is like calling all members of the KKK Democrats because they believe in the superiority of the "white race," while noting that this is not a Democratic Party stance.

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Neil on July 25, 2009, 12:49:53 PM
Libertarians are backwards barbarians anyways.  Their ideology is virtually extinct, and the world is a better place for it.
Yes, they are going the way of the monarchists, and I agree that this is a good thing.  Society is too complex and people too interdependent for the Libertarian ideal to work anymore.  Maybe in Jefferson's time it was still possible.

Bayraktar!

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on July 25, 2009, 02:08:06 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 25, 2009, 12:49:53 PM
Yes, they are going the way of the monarchists, and I agree that this is a good thing.  Society is too complex and people too interdependent for the Libertarian ideal to work anymore.  Maybe in Jefferson's time it was still possible.
Monarchism is still going strong.  Most of the English-speaking countries are still monarchies.

Razgovory

And many arab ones!

Anyway, I don't think it's fair to call a libertarian a scumbag.  Just because he acts on political beliefs that the government shouldn't infringe on what he does in the bed room.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017