Libertarian arrested! Former Montana Freeman; child molester

Started by Razgovory, July 24, 2009, 01:32:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

Typical Libertarian alright.

I love Krull. Had that whole 80's orchestral thing going for it. They really don't do that anymore.
PDH!

Caliga

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 24, 2009, 08:18:48 AM
I love Krull. Had that whole 80's orchestral thing going for it. They really don't do that anymore.
I liked those early 80s movies that were sort of fantasy, but also sort of science fiction at the same time.  Another classic: Yor, The Hunter from the Future.

derspiess

For some reason, I always confused Krull and Beastmaster in my memory of both movies.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on July 24, 2009, 08:40:51 AM
For some reason, I always confused Krull and Beastmaster in my memory of both movies.
:huh:

Beastmaster was pure fantasy without a sci-fi element, and additionally starred the (then) insanely-hot Tanya Roberts.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2009, 08:43:40 AM
Quote from: derspiess on July 24, 2009, 08:40:51 AM

Beastmaster was pure fantasy without a sci-fi element, and additionally starred the (then) insanely-hot Tanya Roberts.

They came out roughly around the same time, and IIRC had some similar elements.  The thing is I only saw both films in bits & pieces (that is until HBO started running Beastmaster 5 times a day in the mid 80s).

Plus, I'm not a sci-fi nor a fantasy guy, so cut me some slack, Jack  :mad:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Well anyways, back on topic... Raz's pathetic attempts to bait Berkut are always appreciated by me. :)

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2009, 08:20:49 AM
I liked those early 80s movies that were sort of fantasy, but also sort of science fiction at the same time.  Another classic: Yor, The Hunter from the Future.
Yor! That was another one I remembered fondly for years, even though even as a kid I realized it was horrible. 

PDH!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 24, 2009, 11:34:25 AM
Yor! That was another one I remembered fondly for years, even though even as a kid I realized it was horrible.
I'm trying to remember what happened at the end... but wasn't it that Yor discovered that there was a nuclear war like a million years before and they were the survivors, who had forgotten about civilization (hence the title)?

Razgovory

Typical Libertarian alright.

What is a typical Libertarian anyway?  Are there some polls that reflect the "typical" Libertarian's beliefs.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PRC

Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2009, 08:43:40 AM

Did the Beastmaster come from an American city and then he was caught in some kind of dimensional warp that took him to whatever land that was?

Caliga

Quote from: PRC on July 24, 2009, 12:35:33 PMDid the Beastmaster come from an American city and then he was caught in some kind of dimensional warp that took him to whatever land that was?
:unsure: I don't think so.

Are you thinking of Time Bandits? :unsure:

PRC

Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2009, 12:40:59 PM

:unsure: I don't think so.

Are you thinking of Time Bandits? :unsure:

No i'm thinking of the sequel.. Beastmaster 2: Through the Portal of Time

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101412/