Ship ahoy or How to get to London the difficult way

Started by Threviel, June 12, 2022, 09:41:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on July 15, 2022, 07:16:45 AMLuggage handling is more of an airport thing rather than an airline thing, so it'd depend to which airport Ryanair would take you. Stansted, I assume?
Yeah. Although I think BA fired a third of their staff during covid and now can't find enough staff.

I think it's similar with the airports - my impressions are the busier/more international/long-hauly are struggling more. They fired loads of people - who need a background check - now they don't have enough staff and they can't quickly hire people because the background checks take time (and are taking longer than normal because all the airports and airlines are trying to hire thousands of people at once).

Basically the entire travel industry (in the UK):
QuoteMe sowing: Haha fuck yeah!!! Yes!!

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Threviel

I'm off in about two hours. Nothing new has fucked up and I'm not sick so everything is well so far. I don't expect to be able to update in anything but small texts, no computer where I'm going.

The Larch

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

OttoVonBismarck

Jacob

HVC

Have fun!

And remember, if you see a mermaid it's just a manatee and you're lonely :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Zanza

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Threviel

Thanks guys!

Yesterday was Rammstein in Gothenburg. God damn that was a good show, but it always bothers me how they stole that little melody in "Du hast" from Cyber Empires.

Me and wifey had Ethiopian food before the show. It was a nice little central place and a lot of seemingly immigrants from the Horn was there also. We had some dish with 6 different foods and that bread/pancake thingy. One of the best meals of my life and made all the better for me being able to check in Eritrean and Ethiopian beer to untappd. It's the second time since the kids that we were out alone.

I've said goodbye to the family, and now I'm having a coffee waiting for the bus to Oslo. Or Moss rather since I'll be staying tonight at a friends place.

Syt

Quote from: Threviel on July 29, 2022, 04:42:11 AMbut it always bothers me how they stole that little melody in "Du hast" from Cyber Empires

Pff, Zombie Nation ripped off Lazy Jones for their Kernkraft 400 song. :P

Original:

Copy (from 0:41):

(And infests sports arenas to this day :D )

Though I guess in this case it's justice, because Lazy Jones also included bits of 99 Red Balloons, and Visage's Fade To Grey.

Anyways - bon voyage! :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Richard Hakluyt