This is what happens to white people in Africa

Started by Savonarola, July 23, 2009, 12:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/africa/2009/07/20097231380929658.html

QuoteKillers of Burundi albinos jailed 

Witch doctors tell clients albinos' body parts bring luck in love, life and business

Five men have been jailed in Burundi for murdering African albinos and selling their body parts to witch doctors.

The leader of the gang was jailed for life at a court in Burundi's eastern Ruyigi province on Thursday after being found guilty of planning and carrying out the killings.

Four others were sentenced to between seven and 15 years in prison for attempted murder and kidnappping.

"There is one who was found guilty of planning and executing the crime, the three others attempted to kill and kidnap a woman and a child," Dodolin Nahamasabo, the head of the court, told the Reuters news agency.

"Another one was condemned for mutilation and participation in the association of criminals ... We decided to release three of them because we didn't find enough evidence," Nahamasabo said.

Mutilated bodies

Police believe parts of the bodies of 11 murdered and mutiliated albino men, women and children were smuggled across the border into Tanzania and sold to witch doctors, who claim albinos' flesh brings luck in love, life and business.

The killings took place over a six-month period in Ruyigi in 2008.

Isaac Mwaura, from the Albino Society of Kenya, told Al Jazeera he thought the crimes were "an extension of greed".

"People are greedy to overcome their poverty and they do anything whatsoever, including killing their fellow human beings.

"Witchcraft has been practised for a very long time in Africa and it's just metamorphosed into our modern ways of life, so when richness is seen in terms of money and prosperity, people are going ahead.

He said: "If you look at witchcraft, before people were told to bring a white hen or a black cat.

"But now they ... think these don't work and use people with albinoism."

Albinism is a congenital lack in the skin, eyes and hair of melanin pigment which protects against the sun's ultraviolet rays.

There are about 200 albinos in the small central African nation of eight million people.

I remember when witch doctors used to say "Ooo-ee-ooo-ah-ah-ting-tang-walla-walla-bing-bang" to provide luck in love.  Now look at them.   :(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

I and others have posted about this subject several times before haven't we?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 23, 2009, 01:11:23 PM

Seems like every few months   :P

Savonarola

I've become tainted.   :(

Does bathing in the Ganges remove the taint, or will I come back as a Gila Monster next life?  :unsure:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Savonarola on July 23, 2009, 01:20:34 PM

I've become tainted.   :(

Does bathing in the Ganges remove the taint, or will I come back as a Gila Monster next life?  :unsure:

I believe you need to post 240 more times.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

These arent white. Albino africans are actually very hideous.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

derspiess

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 23, 2009, 01:44:41 PM
These arent white. Albino africans are actually very hideous.

:rolleyes:  They're not all like Michael Jackson.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Savonarola

Quote from: Siege on July 23, 2009, 02:22:36 PM
This thread is worthless without pictures.

Picture of a genuine witch doctor:

garbon

:yes:

I'm done hearing about albinos.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

Oo ee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Siege on July 23, 2009, 02:45:57 PM
I've never seen an african albino.

Here's some

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEtl91408eM

Apparently 1 in 4000 black South Africans is an albino, 5 times as often as in the west.

Josquius

Whats funny about these events is the governments involved have had to make laws against killing albinos and selling their body parts...which sort of implies that killing people and selling their body parts wasn't already illegal :s
██████
██████
██████