News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Finland, Sweden + NATO

Started by Jacob, April 13, 2022, 12:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Jacob on April 27, 2023, 10:08:17 AMThat'll have to impact the election somehow, I think.

No shit, Sherlock?

:D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jacob

Quote from: mongers on April 27, 2023, 05:51:47 PMNo shit, Sherlock?

No no. Seems there was shit involved....

Solmyr

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on April 27, 2023, 05:55:04 PM

:frusty: You really shit the bed on that one

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 28, 2023, 10:21:24 AM
Quote from: Jacob on April 27, 2023, 05:55:04 PM

:frusty: You really shit the bed on that one

Not me. Erdogan. And his pants, not his bed.

viper37

While everyone's attention is on Ukraine and Russia, the Swedes are discretely trying to preemptively strike at Norway to annex the country, in their first step to recreate the Kalmar Union.

Sweden accidentally fires rocket into Norway

QuoteAn investigation is under way after a research rocket fired from Sweden malfunctioned and ended up landing in Norway.

The Norwegian foreign ministry has said its authorities take "any unauthorised activity" on its side of the border "very seriously", according to reports.

The rocket, which looked into weightlessness, had reached orbit at a height of 250km (155 miles), where experiments were carried out in zero gravity before it went off course.

It took a slightly longer and more westerly trajectory than calculated, said Sweden Space Corporation (SSC) - which was behind the launch.

The rocket and its payload came down at an altitude of 1km in a mountainous area 15km (9.3 miles) inside Norway. This was about 40km northwest of the planned landing site.

It landed in an area where nobody lives, and was "10km from the closest settlement", said Philip Ohlsson from SSC.

The projectile, which blasted off from Esrange Space Centre near Kiruna in northern Sweden on Monday at 7.20am local time (8.20am UK time), was supposed to land in an area close to the border.

Work is taking place to recover the payload and an inquiry will establish the technical reasons behind the unplanned flight path, said SSC.

Mr Ohlsson said procedures were in place for when such things go wrong. The company then informs both the Swedish and Norwegian governments and others.

The head of Esrange Space Centre, Lennart Poromaa, told Norwegian news website NRK that Norway's defence officials had been given prior notice the launch was happening and were updated when the rocket landed in the country.

The Norwegian armed forces' operational headquarters confirmed they received these two notifications from the Swedes, NRK also reported.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Jacob

The Kalmar Union was Danish led.

If Swedes are annexing Norway it's just pedestrian imperialism.

Solmyr

Quote from: Jacob on April 29, 2023, 12:05:52 AMThe Kalmar Union was Danish led.

If Sweden annexes Denmark and Norway, it can form Scandinavia and get some OP national ideas.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Solmyr on April 29, 2023, 01:18:03 AM
Quote from: Jacob on April 29, 2023, 12:05:52 AMThe Kalmar Union was Danish led.

If Sweden annexes Denmark and Norway, it can form Scandinavia and get some OP national ideas.

Does it need Finland to do so?  :hmm:

Jacob

Quote from: Solmyr on April 29, 2023, 01:18:03 AMIf Sweden annexes Denmark and Norway, it can form Scandinavia and get some OP national ideas.

Sweden's not going to annex Denmark. We're part of NATO.

Denmark's not going to annex Sweden either, given the state of our armed forces (especially since we keep giving our gear to Ukraine).

Crazy_Ivan80

Since Erdolf 'won' the 'elections' in Turkey I guess we can bury Swedish membership for the forseeable future.

Also wouldn't mind if EU countries evicted Turks that voted for Erdolf so they can enjoy the fruits of their choice instead of ruining our societies. Not that that will happen of course

Legbiter

Election is over. I say there'll be a deal this year. :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

The Brain

Yeah my impression is that he will feel it's OK now to accept the goodies that come with a yes.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Legbiter on May 29, 2023, 12:22:59 PMElection is over. I say there'll be a deal this year. :hmm:
Yeah that'd be my guess too.
Let's bomb Russia!

Solmyr

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on May 29, 2023, 12:08:56 PMSince Erdolf 'won' the 'elections' in Turkey I guess we can bury Swedish membership for the forseeable future.

Also wouldn't mind if EU countries evicted Turks that voted for Erdolf so they can enjoy the fruits of their choice instead of ruining our societies. Not that that will happen of course

People who want to expel someone for voting for the wrong guy probably belong in Erdogan's Turkey even more.