News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Raz Malaise.

Started by Razgovory, November 19, 2021, 06:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

As some of you figured out, I was sick last weekend.  Pancreatitis and a swollen gallbladder.  I'll have the gallbladder taken out next month.  I feel sick but will probably survive. (quick question: I am now do for my Covid booster, should I get it waiting for surgery?) However, I have a bigger problem:  A sort of malaise I've had for years.  I just can't enjoy stuff much anymore.  If I try to watch TV or a film I get nervous after about 10 minutes and have to turn it off.  I do better with computer games, but it still happens.  More recently it's started with books.  First fiction and now non-fiction.  Often I just end up laying in bed for hours not doing anything.  Mostly this happens with new books or films, I can watch old TV shows without much problem.  I don't know what to do.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on November 19, 2021, 06:43:54 PM
As some of you figured out, I was sick last weekend.  Pancreatitis and a swollen gallbladder.  I'll have the gallbladder taken out next month.  I feel sick but will probably survive. (quick question: I am now do for my Covid booster, should I get it waiting for surgery?) However, I have a bigger problem:  A sort of malaise I've had for years.  I just can't enjoy stuff much anymore.  If I try to watch TV or a film I get nervous after about 10 minutes and have to turn it off.  I do better with computer games, but it still happens.  More recently it's started with books.  First fiction and now non-fiction.  Often I just end up laying in bed for hours not doing anything.  Mostly this happens with new books or films, I can watch old TV shows without much problem.  I don't know what to do.
I think the obvious first thing to do is to discuss it with professionals.  We can sit here and diagnose you with depression, but we're neither qualified to do that, nor can we do anything about it.

The Brain

I don't know if I have much of any help to say, but I do wish you a speedy recovery from these problems. :hug:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on November 19, 2021, 07:07:32 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 19, 2021, 06:43:54 PM
I think the obvious first thing to do is to discuss it with professionals.  We can sit here and diagnose you with depression, but we're neither qualified to do that, nor can we do anything about it.

I've already been diagnosed with Depression.  And Anxiety and Bipolar disorder.  I have a psychiatrist but they only deal in medication, something he upped when I last saw him.  Professional health has been exhausted.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

HisMajestyBOB

:hug:
You're always among friends here Raz. DGuller is right that we can't help you in any professional capacity, and it sounds like you may need to find someone who can better help, but you can always talk with us anytime. :)
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Eddie Teach

You get nervous watching tv? :unsure:

Other than that, I'm pretty much in the same boat. Marking time until the sweet release of death.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Re: the Covid booster - talk to your doctor. :) Other than that, feel free to vent here and we'll listen, but you should talk to professionals to get more permanent help if this is causing you prolonged issues. :hug:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jacob

I don't have anything insightful to offer, but have a virtual hug :hug:

We're your virtual people, warts and all.

chipwich

I usually don't Respect your politics but I do respect you.

Maladict

Quote from: Jacob on November 20, 2021, 12:08:48 PM
I don't have anything insightful to offer, but have a virtual hug :hug:

We're your virtual people, warts and all.

This  :hug:

QuoteMostly this happens with new books or films, I can watch old TV shows without much problem

If the same old shit still works for you, there's plenty of that here  :)

Razgovory

Hurray, I'm respected!  I do think I've become less of an asshole in recent years.  At least it'd like to think I've chilled out some.

fromtia

Are you able to get yourself to a therapist rather than a psychiatrist? One who does anxiety and Depression? Might be helpful. I have a partner with a bit of episodic depression and after trying a couple of okay ones, she found one so good it was life changing .I found therapy for myself to be amazingly useful for addiction. Depends a bit on the quality of the therapist, might have to do a bit of research.
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

Josquius

Have to say in part it sounds kind of just like growing old to me. Most people do off games with age... It's just with you and me it's a few decades later than others.
The nervous watching TV part I can't relate to though. But hope it works out.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

I think you have chilled out too.

Razgovory

Quote from: fromtia on November 20, 2021, 01:34:00 PM
Are you able to get yourself to a therapist rather than a psychiatrist? One who does anxiety and Depression? Might be helpful. I have a partner with a bit of episodic depression and after trying a couple of okay ones, she found one so good it was life changing .I found therapy for myself to be amazingly useful for addiction. Depends a bit on the quality of the therapist, might have to do a bit of research.

I've had little success with therapy.