News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

College Football, 2021-22

Started by grumbler, September 05, 2021, 05:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

And... Notre Dame goes down again, this time to Marshall, 26-21.  Marshall was a significantly better team than the Domers in all phases bar punting.  Marcus Freeman deserves to be the coach of a better team.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Ugh.  This Michigan-Hawai'i game is ugly.  A true baby seal clubbing.  This was supposed to be Arkansas. :(
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

No one is getting laid at U of I this year.

grumbler

Quote from: grumbler on August 27, 2022, 09:22:14 PMAbsolutely brutal Nebraska loss after an appalling Scott Frost decision to onside kick up 28-17 late in the third quarter.  Northwestern wasn't going to beat them in the air, so the key for Nebraska was avoiding giving NW a short field.  Scott Frost thought that giving them a short field was a good thing, and I'm surprised the team didn't leave him on the tarmac in Ireland.

I don't think Frost will make it to game 5 this year.  He's just not a good coach.

He did not, in fact, even make it to game 4.  Fired after losing to Georgia Southern.

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Sucks for Big Red. They might not win another game this season.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on September 12, 2022, 08:04:52 PMSucks for Big Red. They might not win another game this season.

They have more of a chance now than they did at dawn on Saturday.

On the bright side, Michigan's QB controversy is over.  The young hotshot is shit-hot.

Bayraktar!

Berkut

What a world were beating a FCS team at home is an upset.

Holy shit North Dakota State University is good. One of the announcers mentioned that in the last decade at the FCS level they have more championships then lost games. That is....insane. 

I am sure nobody outside of Tucson and North Dakota watched the game, but it was one hell of a football game. It's weird - we got some late stops when it was needed against a rushing attack that seemed to be able to do whatever they wanted all night, and that was the difference in a 31-28 win. And you want to get excited, but then....well, its against a FCS team! But a really, really good one!

Anyway, Arizona is 2-1. I still don't have much confidence in them making a bowl game this year, but the improvement in talent and more importantly in attitude and moral is very marked.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

As Jim Harbaugh once said, "Good shit, Jedd."

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Oh, and Michigan State turns out to be over-rated AGAIN.  Shocking.

Bayraktar!

PDH

Wyoming started off by playing horribly against Illinois.  Horribly might be an understatement.  Since then there was an overtime victory against Tulsa, a tight game that was blown open vs Northern Colorado, and then on Friday a tight win against what was billed a strong Air Force team.

3-1 right now is a lot better than after the first week, unsure if the team is real.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

grumbler

Illinois is looking a lot better this year (Brett Bielema is the real deal).  No shame in losing to them.

Bayraktar!

PDH

I'll take anything I can, it is just that I am a Wyoming fan.  So many promising starts have ended with flameouts, all Wyoming fans are some degree or another like this.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Berkut

Some very bad news today out of Phoenix. ASU fired their head coach.

I just hope this doesn't lead to them firing their AD as well.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

PDH

Quote from: Berkut on September 19, 2022, 12:51:53 PMSome very bad news today out of Phoenix. ASU fired their head coach.

Arizona State will do whatever they can to fuck up their season, they have guaranteed it.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on September 19, 2022, 12:51:53 PMSome very bad news today out of Phoenix. ASU fired their head coach.

I thought that the Herm Edwards thing was going to fail far more quickly than it did.  It's not good new for ASU opponents that he is gone.

Saw some ASU fans posting that they thought ASU could get Urban Meyer.  Seems doubtful to me, but maybe ASU has lots of money and no scruples.

Bayraktar!