News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What is your digital background?

Started by Savonarola, August 11, 2021, 02:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

Usually my background for Teams meetings is "Harmony in Blue and Gold: The Peacock Room;" which today is at the Freer/Sackler Museum (part of the Smithsonian Institution) in Washington DC:

The painting ("The Princess in the Land of Porcelain") and the room were painted by James McNeil Whistler for Richard Leyland's Mansion.  The subsequent owner of the house sold the room to Charles Lang Freer; and the room was in the Freer Mansion in Detroit.  Upon Freer's death the room and Freer's collection of Asian art were donated to the Smithsonian and forms the core of the Freer Gallery.  I thought it was fitting for me as a fellow former Detroit resident who now resides in a swamp.  ;)

This week we've had a series of Teams meetings with one of our clients.  We're supposed to put their official background (a train going through the woods) when we talk.  I selected my background and hit "Accept" when I started presenting, but I must have hit it twice because it changed to the default; a bunch of pink balloons.  Fortunately the client thought it was funny and the presentation went well.

Anyhow does anyone have anything cool for their background?  (If anyone is interested the Smithsonian does have a number of Digital Backgrounds available.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Habbaku

The Krak des Chevaliers in Syria is my work background, both for laptop and Zoom.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Maladict

This fills the wall behind me, in my temporary home office. A print of Jacopo de Barbari's 1500 view of Venice.
If I use a digital background, it is the same image. It tends to confuse people.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Zanza

I use the "blurred background" feature of MS Teams.

Josquius

Or

Or... A standard picture of my room with the curtains behind me closed and me peaking out from behind the curtains. Visible only when I move from centre of the camera.

If it's a serious meeting though then just wherever I'm sitting....
██████
██████
██████

Iormlund

We rarely use video. Usually voice only.

The Brain

Quote from: Iormlund on August 12, 2021, 07:14:23 AM
We rarely use video. Usually voice only.

Question still applies. I know DG uses insanely loud hardbass for instance.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

viper37

Quote from: Savonarola on August 11, 2021, 02:42:49 PM

Anyhow does anyone have anything cool for their background?  (If anyone is interested the Smithsonian does have a number of Digital Backgrounds available.

thanks for that!  Shall be useful in the weeks to come! :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Rex Francorum

Québec Seminary inner court

To rent

garbon

On teams I use one of the minimal backgrounds that is mostly white and a plant. On zoom, I use the first hit that came up when I searched office background zoom.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Where I work we make cameras. We don't use video chat, audio only.

It's quite funny, imo.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

KRonn

This week we've had a series of Teams meetings with one of our clients.  We're supposed to put their official background (a train going through the woods) when we talk.  I selected my background and hit "Accept" when I started presenting, but I must have hit it twice because it changed to the default; a bunch of pink balloons.  Fortunately the client thought it was funny and the presentation went well.

Funny stuff, fun and colorful background anyway. :) Glad things went well.