Main Menu

Eurovision 2021

Started by Liep, May 21, 2021, 02:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Legbiter on May 22, 2021, 02:57:26 PM
Switzerland might do well.  :hmm: .

It's battling Ukraine for my 12 points.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Agelastus

Quote from: garbon on May 22, 2021, 02:55:39 PM
Quote from: Agelastus on May 22, 2021, 02:52:40 PM
So Graham Norton introduced the British entry as a hugely successful songwriter.

He should have stuck to what he knew.

If any of the other songs so far had stuck in my head at all I'd say we were looking at "nul points". Poor singing with obvious breath control problems at times.

[Norton's biggest bit of praise for him - "fantastic staging"- I didn't look up from my computer so I didn't see any of it, just listened to the music.]

Edit: Whereas the next song, Greece, has actually made me look over at the TV for a minute. Much better sound.

:huh:

Discount Dua Lipa?

If I actually listened to any music outside of the Eurovision contest for most of the last 20 years I might understand what you were talking about.

"Much better sound" is hardly grand praise though, and I only looked over once.

The Swiss guy was a good singer from what I heard - needed a better song, but may do well.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Liep

Iceland works the wind machine at least as well as Serbia.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Legbiter

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 22, 2021, 02:52:11 PM
UK was not terrible but will still finish last  :bowler:

Spain...
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Agelastus

Quote from: Legbiter on May 22, 2021, 03:04:38 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on May 22, 2021, 02:52:11 PM
UK was not terrible but will still finish last  :bowler:

Spain...

I see they're looking for the "tortured young soul" demographic - again, I think? :hmm:

That's what it sounds like to me, anyway - but as noted above I have not been into very much music over the last couple of decades.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

garbon

Quote from: Agelastus on May 22, 2021, 03:00:25 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 22, 2021, 02:55:39 PM
Quote from: Agelastus on May 22, 2021, 02:52:40 PM
So Graham Norton introduced the British entry as a hugely successful songwriter.

He should have stuck to what he knew.

If any of the other songs so far had stuck in my head at all I'd say we were looking at "nul points". Poor singing with obvious breath control problems at times.

[Norton's biggest bit of praise for him - "fantastic staging"- I didn't look up from my computer so I didn't see any of it, just listened to the music.]

Edit: Whereas the next song, Greece, has actually made me look over at the TV for a minute. Much better sound.

:huh:

Discount Dua Lipa?

If I actually listened to any music outside of the Eurovision contest for most of the last 20 years I might understand what you were talking about.

"Much better sound" is hardly grand praise though, and I only looked over once.

The Swiss guy was a good singer from what I heard - needed a better song, but may do well.

I don't know what to say to that and you know what part I mean. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Legbiter

Quote from: Agelastus on May 22, 2021, 03:05:54 PMI see they're looking for the "tortured young soul" demographic - again, I think? :hmm:

That's what it sounds like to me, anyway - but as noted above I have not been into very much music over the last couple of decades.

He was singing a song dedicated to his nan who died of covid. The staging was great but it kinda felt out of place.

Agelastus

Quote from: Legbiter on May 22, 2021, 03:09:45 PM
Quote from: Agelastus on May 22, 2021, 03:05:54 PMI see they're looking for the "tortured young soul" demographic - again, I think? :hmm:

He was singing a song dedicated to his nan who died of covid. The staging was great but it kinda felt out of place.

Just a little.

Although I feel a little guilty about my original post now.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Legbiter

Germany.  :lol: :bleeding:

It's not working on my 7 year old.

Legbiter

Finnish Limp Bizkit....

Agelastus

Oh Good, I'm not the only one thinking Germany seem to be aiming a little low at the demographic.

I'm also getting a bit of a Seventies throwback vibe as well.

Edit: I may be a couple of minutes behind everyone else here - my TV aerial packed up sometime on Friday so I'm having to stream it on the iPlayer on my TV.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

FunkMonk

I'm all in on Finland  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Legbiter

Liep

Quote from: Legbiter on May 22, 2021, 03:28:07 PM
Lithuanian...disco.  :lol:

It's great. A needed upbeat song after that Bulgarian snooze fest.

Liep