News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Eurovision 2021

Started by Liep, May 21, 2021, 02:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Belgium: everyone on the stage are about 20 years too old to be there.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Liep on May 22, 2021, 02:25:43 PM
Belgium: everyone on the stage are about 20 years too old to be there.

it is the land of 46 year old corporals.

Legbiter

Portugal singing in English? :huh:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Legbiter

Liep

Quote from: Legbiter on May 22, 2021, 02:40:19 PM
Serbia.  :lol:

Considering it was mostly hair on the stage it sounded pretty good. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Legbiter

Quote from: Liep on May 22, 2021, 02:42:17 PMConsidering it was mostly hair on the stage it sounded pretty good. :P

Yeah not knocking them, a good palate cleanser after BMI 50+ Beyoné.

garbon

Quote from: Legbiter on May 22, 2021, 02:45:13 PM
Quote from: Liep on May 22, 2021, 02:42:17 PMConsidering it was mostly hair on the stage it sounded pretty good. :P

Update your references. That was a Lizzo knockoff.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Quote from: garbon on May 22, 2021, 02:45:55 PM
Quote from: Legbiter on May 22, 2021, 02:45:13 PM

Update your references. That was a Lizzo knockoff.

Yes, Albania was this year's Beyonce.

Liep

I don't think Britain will end up last this year. :unsure:

FunkMonk

UK was not terrible but will still finish last  :bowler:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Agelastus

So Graham Norton introduced the British entry as a hugely successful songwriter.

He should have stuck to what he knew.

If any of the other songs so far had stuck in my head at all I'd say we were looking at "nul points". Poor singing with obvious breath control problems at times.

[Norton's biggest bit of praise for him - "fantastic staging"- I didn't look up from my computer so I didn't see any of it, just listened to the music.]

Edit: Whereas the next song, Greece, has actually made me look over at the TV for a minute. Much better sound.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Legbiter

garbon

Quote from: Agelastus on May 22, 2021, 02:52:40 PM
So Graham Norton introduced the British entry as a hugely successful songwriter.

He should have stuck to what he knew.

If any of the other songs so far had stuck in my head at all I'd say we were looking at "nul points". Poor singing with obvious breath control problems at times.

[Norton's biggest bit of praise for him - "fantastic staging"- I didn't look up from my computer so I didn't see any of it, just listened to the music.]

Edit: Whereas the next song, Greece, has actually made me look over at the TV for a minute. Much better sound.

:huh:

Discount Dua Lipa?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 22, 2021, 02:52:11 PM
UK was not terrible but will still finish last  :bowler:

I think the bookmakers have UK as favorites but Spain, Germany and Belgium are closing in. Have faith!

Legbiter

Switzerland might do well.  :hmm: .