News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Euro 2020/2021

Started by Maladict, May 14, 2021, 06:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Switzerland tie with a fluke from Spanish backs Américo Lapuerta and Torres.  :D

Sheilbh

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 02, 2021, 12:25:43 PM
Switzerland tie with a fluke from Spanish backs Américo Lapuerta and Torres.  :D
Is it a fluke? I'd say - just with that backpass too - that from across the games Spain look like they have a defensive mistake in them (and struggle to break down good defences).

Also I don't like that Spain aren't in red and someone else is <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Threviel

Threviel

The text-updates-with-comments that I check now and then seems to root heavily for Switzerland, consensus seems to be that Spain is horribly boring and most want them out.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 02, 2021, 12:27:11 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 02, 2021, 12:25:43 PM
Is it a fluke? I'd say - just with that backpass too - that from across the games Spain look like they have a defensive mistake in them (and struggle to break down good defences).

Also I don't like that Spain aren't in red and someone else is <_<

A fluke from a crappy backpass. ;)

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Threviel on July 02, 2021, 12:27:30 PM
:lol:

Switzerland got a red card following your intervention. Can't you just shut up?  :D

Threviel

I'm just happy being vindicated about my Spain-loathing.

Josquius

Oof. If only Switzerland had taken that chance right after their goal....

Though Spain have missed a tonne.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Yeah it is crazy that Spain have missed so many. I wouldn't be surprised if they get another 20 shots before penalities, I also wouldn't be shocked if they missed them all.
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Threviel on July 02, 2021, 12:56:25 PM
I'm just happy being vindicated about my Spain-loathing.

I really don't think the Nati appreciates playing shorthanded just to vindicate somebody who does not even watch the game.  :P

Threviel

I beg to differ my dear duke.

Duque de Bragança

I would say that Switzerland would go to the penalty shootout with an advantage given their goal keeper is on fire.

Sheilbh

Also the ITV commentator has mentioned that Spain has apparently missed 4 of their last 5 open play penalties :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Zanza

Duque de Bragança