News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Euro 2020/2021

Started by Maladict, May 14, 2021, 06:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Yeah there's about 5 goalkeepers I think are really comfortable with getting lots of backpasses, but everyone is doing it and... :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

This is UK specific - but Emma Hayes is a really outstanding pundit and co-commentator.
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 28, 2021, 11:46:56 AM
This is UK specific - but Emma Hayes is a really outstanding pundit and co-commentator.

Read the same opinion in the comments section (stop laughing) of a francophone site.

Sheilbh

How weird :hmm:

It makes sense because she's clearly a very good manager - but she's just really able to explain things to the viewer in a way that is helpful. Like she will notice and explain a tactical switch in-game and be able to explain what it is and why it's happened - what the players are doing now. So she can explain well how Spain are attacking or a point about the goalkeeper - and it's stuff that I'd miss just watching and I think a lot of viewers would miss until she points it out and explains it.

She's just said "already a change of approach to Croatia's pressing approach" - explained it and the way Spain are responding - and watching it I'm like - I see that now :hmm: :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Jacob

Three goals for Spain so far... :p

It'll be interesting to see if Croatia will step up now. Have they been bland as a tactical choice or because they are outclassed.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Jacob on June 28, 2021, 12:15:41 PM

It'll be interesting to see if Croatia will step up now. Have they been bland as a tactical choice or because they are outclassed.

They have way more time to equalize vs Spain than they had vs Portugal 5 years ago, that's something to be taken into account.

Jacob

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 28, 2021, 12:18:39 PM
They have way more time to equalize vs Spain than they had vs Portugal 5 years ago, that's something to be taken into account.

Yeah, a one goal lead isn't much at this level.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Jacob on June 28, 2021, 12:15:41 PM

I feel like they really miss Rakitic and Mandzukic - and will soon be without Modric. I feel like they're possibly just less good now.

I don't know if they do - but I hope they have another good generation coming up behind them because I have a soft spot for Croatia.
Let's bomb Russia!

Jacob

Croatia is looking a bit more alive now.

Jacob

That was almost another backpass own goal.

Also... Croatia is looking a bit thuggish.

And 3-1

Duque de Bragança

Croatia jinxed by Jacob.  :lol: Spain scores another goal, and no own goal this time.

Jacob

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 28, 2021, 12:35:17 PM
Croatia jinxed by Jacob.  :lol: Spain scores another goal, and no own goal this time.

I'm very strategic with my jinxing comments these days :D

Valmy

Spain scoring goals for everyone today.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Threviel