News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Euro 2020/2021

Started by Maladict, May 14, 2021, 06:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

It's ok, I hate the Dutch too :console: Never forget!

And the English, but at least they screwed Portugal long before I was born.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Duque de Bragança

This means, unless there is a Batavian miracle, Czechia or Denmark in semi-final. Not a common prediction before the tournament started.

Unlike HVC, I don't hate the Dutch, that's the best rival of Portugal in football.  :P

Albion, OTOH...

Maladict

Quote from: HVC on June 27, 2021, 12:48:11 PM
It's ok, I hate the Dutch too :console: Never forget!

I never said I hated Portugal. :huh:

I do find them somewhat annoying. :)

HVC

Ok, maybe hate is wrong on my end too.  Irrational joy at their misfortune :lol: ? Stems back to the battle of Nuremberg
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Maladict

Quote from: Tyr on June 27, 2021, 12:36:56 PM

England and Holland really do have a lot in common. Dont they

Consistently over-hyping their teams after initial wins against minnows seems to be one of them.

Some of the newer Dutch players showed promise, Dumfries in particular, but the team is just not good enough to cut it in a knockout phase.

Maladict

Quote from: HVC on June 27, 2021, 01:00:51 PM
Ok, maybe hate is wrong on my end too.  Irrational joy at their misfortune :lol: ? Stems back to the battle of Nuremberg

Fair enough  :hug:

Liep

So beat the Czechs in Baku to reach the semis. I can see that happening.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

This is a much more boring game than it should be.

Threviel

For Swedes Denmark (and Iceland) is normally the second team, we cheer on them unless they are facing us. Likewise, but I think to a lesser extent, Finland and even sometimes Norway.

I would think that the same would go for Benelux and perhaps Iberia? Is it so? Is it the same for Danes?

HVC

Maladict

Quote from: Threviel on June 27, 2021, 02:37:36 PM
For Swedes Denmark (and Iceland) is normally the second team, we cheer on them unless they are facing us. Likewise, but I think to a lesser extent, Finland and even sometimes Norway.

I would think that the same would go for Benelux and perhaps Iberia? Is it so? Is it the same for Danes?

No, not really for the Benelux. I mean that's just Belgium and the Netherlands, really.

There's no real rivalry between the two, which you might expect. But we're also not big on supporting each other.

That said, I'd be happy to see them do well this tournament. This generation is deserving of a title.

Threviel

Maladict

HVC

There's still hope!

I actually think Italy will take it this year.

Josquius

Just checked historic euro winners.
Huh. Some weird teams on there. Soviets and Holland. Completely didn't realise that.
██████
██████
██████