Started by Maladict, May 14, 2021, 06:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on June 15, 2021, 12:45:52 PM
Woo. 2-0 is misleading, but i'll take it

3-0 is unfair, to be honest.

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on June 15, 2021, 11:17:54 AM
In that sense it's funny how the Spanish stereotype/footballing identity has changed so radically and so quickly, as before 2008 our footballing personality was anything but tiki taka.
Yeah - it's incredible how it goes from la furia roja to tiki-taka. But I think it's the combination of the transformation of that Spanish team plus the era of dominance by Spanish clubs and, especially, Pep's Barcelona.

I can't think of a similar transformation - I mean from what I understand Bielsa basically created Chile's football identity but that's different than transformation. I think it needs success and possibly a club representative. Nicky Bandini mentioned that in Italy they're describing the way they're playinig as tiki-Italia so maybe if they do really well this tournament and in the World Cup we'll all change our impressions of Italy :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Incidentally - Syt, Zanza!

What is the deal with Germany?

From everything I've heard on UK podcasts from journalists who cover Germany - their basic consensus is that it's a team full of talented players. On paper they should be very good, but they play as individuals not as a team. Is that right? And what's caused it? Is it sort of club rivalries (like the England squad used to be divided between United v Liverpool players who hated each other) or generational or just personality clashes (going Dutch)?
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

I have no idea. I only know they're playing today because Slitherine is doing a France v Germany stream of Field of Glory II: Medieval :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zoupa

Good for Portugal. I always cheer for them :) Ronaldo still a beast at 36. Pepe seems to have calmed down his antics. I really liked the sub for Renato Sanches.

Sheilbh

They've got a very good team and despite him now playing for Liverpool, I really like Jota as a player.
Let's bomb Russia!

Zoupa

Score predictions for FRA-GER?

2-1 pour les Bleus.

Zanza

No idea. I used to be a fervent football follower in the 90s Watchung Bundesliga every weekend, visiting the national team in Malente etc.

I became less and less interested as time went by.

These days I barely know the players. No idea if they are a good team or not.

Zanza

Quote from: Zoupa on June 15, 2021, 01:23:46 PM

2-1 pour les Bleus.
I put 2-1 for Germany in my betting group. Although I also tipped France to win the tournament. Maybe I will  change my tip still.  :hmm:

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 15, 2021, 01:31:04 PM
Draw, 1-1.
Same. Don't know why but I think France will start slow and I think Germany is probably better than people currently think.
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on June 15, 2021, 01:27:33 PM
No idea. I used to be a fervent football follower in the 90s Watchung Bundesliga every weekend, visiting the national team in Malente etc.

Same. I peaked when a friend and I went to the stadium to watch Bayern Munich (my team at the time) take the championship in Hamburg in the 00/01 season in one of the most exciting league finishes. Since then I lost interest and it accelerated A LOT when I moved to Austria. There's occasional flare ups, but nothing lasting.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Zoupa on June 15, 2021, 01:23:46 PM

2-1 pour les Bleus.

7-0 :w00t:

Ok yeah 2-1. That works.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

I picked France-Germany as a draw.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Zanza

I changed my tip last minute to 2-1 for France.  :frog: