If You Have Been Vaccinated, Have You Changed Your Behavior?

Started by Admiral Yi, April 10, 2021, 02:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Tying in with my How Zealous are you poll.

Are you still masking and social distancing just like before?

And more importantly, when will you change your behavior?  Will you wait for an official all clear from the public health authorities?

Tamas

1st of all not one bit because my wife has not been vaccinated.

Secondly, I intend to continue following the guidelines even when she will have been. That's not just the responsible but also the polite thing to do.

I expect these will be reduced to just distancing and possibly masks here by the summer.

Sheilbh

Yeah - I'm following the guidelines. My behaviour is basically just shaped by what we are/aren't allowed to do.

With Tamas I'm expecting by the summer it will maybe just be masks indoors, I don't even think distancing will be a thing.
Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

I'm not fully vaccinated yet, in fact I'm waiting in line for my second shot now, but I guess three weeks after the first shot I'm vaccinated enough.  I'm not yet doing anything differently, and I would certainly not defy any rules under assumption that I'm bulletproof now.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 10, 2021, 02:47:16 PM

And more importantly, when will you change your behavior?  Will you wait for an official all clear from the public health authorities?

Yes

Yes
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

grumbler

Masking and doing the social distance thing because my peers don't know I am immune, so I leave them feeling comfortable around me.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Legbiter

I'm seeing a tiny trickle of 80+ oldsters at my local grocer not wearing masks but otherwise business as usual. We're still trying to get vaccines for the staff at the local bloodbank. Every jab is administered as fast as they can land them here.

My wife is a physio, she might get her first jab of the Moderna vaccine sometime, God willing, etc, etc, next week?
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

merithyn

Quote from: grumbler on April 10, 2021, 07:31:45 PM
Masking and doing the social distance thing because my peers don't know I am immune, so I leave them feeling comfortable around me.

Same.

That being said, I am planning vacations, getaways, and get togethers with other vaccinated friends. We'll keep to ourselves, mask up, and socially distance from those we come in contact with.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Zoupa

Being vaccinated is not a magical status that means you can't spread the virus anymore. Being vaccinated is supposed to help you fight off the virus if you catch it. You can still be contagious/catch a variant to which your immune system is less prepared/vaccine didn't work for you.

For example the J&J vaccine is 100% effective in terms of hospitalization and death prevention. It's only 65% effective in terms of preventing an actual Sars-Cov2 infection though.

katmai

I will still be masking up. I have been going out on weekly basis to grab drinks with friends, but still following social distancing guidelines. That won't change.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Not vaccinated yet but once I get it I intend to start going into the office more and going out to eat more.

Still be wearing a mask though...kind of weird to go out without one by this point :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Richard Hakluyt

I just follow the rules and don't really think about it. A couple of inadvertent breaches, I walked into a shop maskless because I forgot, stood too close to a friend that sort of thing - both breaches quickly corrected of course.

I don't see the point of quibbling over the rules; I feel that mass compliance with a set of imperfect rules is likely to lead to better results than individuals making up their own rules as they go along.

Once we have this thing sorted we will have to ensure that the government backs off though; making rules up ad-hoc and snooping on people may be too attractive for them to give away easily.

Monoriu

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 10, 2021, 02:47:16 PM

I have received my first shot only.  So nothing has changed.

But even after I have received my second shot, my behaviour won't change.  In HK, everybody wears masks.  Getting vaccinated won't change that.  Nobody will not wear a mask because of vaccination.

Iormlund

Haven't been vaccinated yet, but my behaviour will definitely change when I am.

I'll start by letting the maid back in. I'll try to be more social as well. Haven't done much socializing outside work for the past year.

HisMajestyBOB

I'll be masking up still. Especially when I start commuting to work again. Not catching any colds at all last year was great and hopefully masks will help keep that up when I start taking the subway. 
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help