News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Plate Economy - Eccentricity and Old Age

Started by mongers, April 06, 2021, 11:06:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

All of us are now getting on a bit, some of us are even about to enter old age or retirement, so do you find yourself doing things that might be seen as a bit eccentric?

Me, I've recently adopted sometime I'd call plate economy; had some crumpets for afternoon tea, get home and can only be bothered to make a sandwich, so I'll use the same plate and just occasionally if it was a non-messy sandwiches I might use again to have a piece of cake as pudding! :gasp: 

For a society as a whole, should eccentricity in old age be encouraged or should us 'Olds' shut up and slip off that coil quietly and be bound by conventions?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

As a kid I thought Logan's run presented a dystopian society, but I now think of it as utopian.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

PDH

Homer Simpson

"Marge, please, old people don't need companionship. They need to be isolated and studied so it can be determined what nutrients they have that might be extracted for our personal use."
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on April 06, 2021, 11:30:26 AM
Isn't this standard student behaviour?

No it's saving the planet, one unused dishcloth at a time.

Maladict

Eccentricity in old age seems to be a British specialty, we could use more of that here.
But your example is not setting a high bar  :lol:

Eddie Teach

When I saw the thread title I expected something about commemorative plates.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 07, 2021, 07:56:49 AM
When I saw the thread title I expected something about commemorative plates.

Sure we could do that, so Eddie do you have any, maybe a Chuck and Di only lying around?   :D

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?