News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

London Mayoral Election

Started by Sheilbh, March 30, 2021, 10:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Choose your fighter:

HVC

i vote for the white black power salute guy. Mainly because i think he believes in aliens abductions and conspiracy theories which would make government meetings more entertaining.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Duque de Bragança

So Khan went for a Pakistani imitation of Daniel Craig's Bond at a costume party or what?

Barrister

For fucks sakes people - the they're called ties.  Wear them!

I probably would have gone for guy in the tux.  I'm normally against bow-ties, but it's acceptable in a tux.  But I thought I recognized him, and that was confirmed in the thread.

So let's go for the black guy.  It's a shot from the side and he looks well-dressed, so I'm just hoping he's wearing a tie.

By the way I'm not opposed to voting for a woman - but these are important jobs and they can at least be wearing some kind of suit.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Larch

Quote from: Barrister on March 30, 2021, 01:46:50 PM
For fucks sakes people - the they're called ties.  Wear them!

I probably would have gone for guy in the tux.  I'm normally against bow-ties, but it's acceptable in a tux.  But I thought I recognized him, and that was confirmed in the thread.

So let's go for the black guy.  It's a shot from the side and he looks well-dressed, so I'm just hoping he's wearing a tie.

You want a guy with a proper suit & tie for your vote? He's your man, Beeb.

QuoteBy the way I'm not opposed to voting for a woman - but these are important jobs and they can at least be wearing some kind of suit.

Those might not necessarily be promotional pics, Beeb, just what Sheilbh picked for the poll.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Larch on March 30, 2021, 01:50:52 PM
Those might not necessarily be promotional pics, Beeb, just what Sheilbh picked for the poll.

4 is clearly random, and 2 it's hard to tell, but the rest are clearly staged portraits.

celedhring

2 is definitely staged. The framing, lightning, and depth of field are just perfect.

1 is actually pretty bad if it is a professional picture.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: celedhring on March 30, 2021, 01:57:34 PM
2 is definitely staged. The framing, lightning, and depth of field are just perfect.

A bunch of bald heads serving as foreground composition is less than perfect.

I'd say it's a pic taken during a photo op on a double decker, which is not exactly the same as a staged official campaign photo.

Sheilbh

I think 1 is casual - as is Sadiq's obvs.

And for Beeb - you don't even need to wear a tie in parliament anymore:

:o

I'd say that since Cameron our politics has been pretty tieless.

Quote4 is clearly random, and 2 it's hard to tell, but the rest are clearly staged portraits.
4 is in Tooting Common in a waistcoat just after golden hour! It's obviously posed/deliberate.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Barrister on March 30, 2021, 01:46:50 PM
By the way I'm not opposed to voting for a woman - but these are important jobs and they can at least be wearing some kind of suit.
:lol: Only one woman isn't in some kind of suit, no?
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 30, 2021, 02:00:37 PM
Quote from: celedhring on March 30, 2021, 01:57:34 PM

A bunch of bald heads serving as foreground composition is less than perfect.

I'd say it's a pic taken during a photo op on a double decker, which is not exactly the same as a staged official campaign photo.

Double decker pick is #3 - that is not a staged photo but obviously has been takend during an event. #2 is bald guy with a suit.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: celedhring on March 30, 2021, 02:09:38 PM
Double decker pick is #3 - that is not a staged photo but obviously has been takend during an event. #2 is bald guy with a suit.

Oops, my bad.

My problem with this thread is you can't see the pics while you're posting.  I had to edit my first post like five times.

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on March 30, 2021, 01:50:52 PM
You want a guy with a proper suit & tie for your vote? He's your man, Beeb.
Really regret not picking this guy now I've discovered he has a portrait of himself in his campaign headquarters/home(?) :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

Incidentally, this thread made me realize that Khan and De Blasio are probably the only two mayors from non-Spanish cities I can name and recognize.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on March 31, 2021, 05:31:41 AM
Incidentally, this thread made me realize that Khan and De Blasio are probably the only two mayors from non-Spanish cities I can name and recognize.

Not even the Paris one?

celedhring

I know her name (Anne Hidalgo) , but I wouldn't recognize her in a pic.