News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Teaching English Abroad

Started by jimmy olsen, July 21, 2009, 10:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Oh and HimBoB and Timmay I told Oldman you guys were over there, no idea if he's brave enough to meet you folks :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

jimmy olsen

Yi, how do you pronounce this?

Ingyedong

It's a club district in Suwon and I always butcher it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Don't slur the NG sound into the second syllable  (i.e. In gye dong).  Ing (rhymes with Bing), sixteenth note rest, ye (rhymes with meh).

I guess.  It would help if you posted a pic with the hankul.

jimmy olsen

Budae jjigae for the second day in a row, yikes. Not as spicy as that chicken that me and Bob had but it can still get pretty hot.

Thankfully, they always give me a complementary coke. I love how the default is a glass bottle here.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

oldman

its 인계동, in 팔달구.

"In-gyae-dong"

Are you kids in 학원s? I've been in Seoul public schools for two years, living in 홍대 right now, but I will go back home next week. I'll be applying for the Seoul Teacher Training center in 사당 in a few months.

You're both in 경기도? Where about? I'll in in Suwon next week for the ACL match against Osaka.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: oldman on February 18, 2010, 07:32:39 PM
its 인게동, in 팔달구.

"In-gae-dong"
Thanks.

I heard you were in Korea too, true?

1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

oldman

gah, I edited my first post to be correct and added some actual content.

:ph34r:

jimmy olsen

I live and teach in Namyang in Hwaseong. It's about 40 minutes by bus to Suwon. HisMajestyBob is up in Incheon, though he's on vacation back home right now.

Don't think I'll have time to meet up with you this weekend, but if you're still here next week I could.

1 Karma Chameleon point

oldman

Next week will be a bit hectic for me. Gotta close up shop as I'm not rightly sure I'm coming back to Korea.

How long have you been in Korea? How are you coming along? Have you gone to the bath houses? Did you know that Korea has four seasons? Do you like 회? 개고기 먹 봤어요?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: oldman on February 18, 2010, 08:05:04 PM
Next week will be a bit hectic for me. Gotta close up shop as I'm not rightly sure I'm coming back to Korea.

How long have you been in Korea? How are you coming along? Have you gone to the bath houses? Did you know that Korea has four seasons? Do you like 회? 개고기 먹 봤어요?
I've been here since October 6th and have been too lazy to learn to read Korean. :blush:

HMB's been here a year and is reupping for the next.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Sophie Scholl

What is Times and I hope Timmy didn't eat dog! :yuk:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on February 18, 2010, 07:39:08 PM
Quote from: oldman on February 18, 2010, 07:32:39 PM
its 인게동, in 팔달구.

"In-gae-dong"

Oldman!!!!!

I had to twist his arm to come check out languish for this thread :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on February 18, 2010, 08:10:05 PM
What is Times and I hope Timmy didn't eat dog! :yuk:

I used google translate too  :lol:

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."