News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Teaching English Abroad

Started by jimmy olsen, July 21, 2009, 10:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 31, 2010, 07:28:52 PM
Quote from: Tyr on January 31, 2010, 07:26:01 PM
If you're still teaching English in Korea in 50 years having your job potentially stolen by robots I'd think would be a blessing.
Robots teaching English in 50 years I could believe, but in 8 years which is what the article said.
A sign I shouldn't be online at 1.30am if ever there was one
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on January 31, 2010, 07:20:38 PM
I'll be in Jeju from Wednesday till Saturday next week. I don't know when I'll get back from Jeju yet, but probably in the evening.
When in the evening? Would you be up to hitting Seoul?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Damn.
I'm really really starting to get drawn towards doing Jet again. Trouble is I missed the application for this year.
Really unsure where life is going...dunno if I'll end up with a decent job or not in the next year.
My current plan though is to work short term contracts (more common in HCI I'm told), save some money, pay off my student loan and apply for Jet for next year. But it could work out that I do get a job and...hmm.
I just really want to experience Japan whilst I'm still young and awesome.
The trouble is it migt be a bit of a waste of a year...my year of getting experience could be for nought....really uncertain.
I'm going to be taking up my Japanese again when I leave Sweden though for sure. Just in case.

(this has been another disjointed thought barf by the Tyr party)
██████
██████
██████

HisMajestyBOB

Tim, did you feel that earthquake yesterday?
http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/national/2010/02/09/22/0302000000AEN20100209009400315F.HTML

Felt like my apartment building hopped.
At least, I think it was the earthquake. They're building a subway line nearby, and they might have just undermined my building's foundation. :unsure:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

jimmy olsen

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on February 09, 2010, 06:57:10 PM
Tim, did you feel that earthquake yesterday?
http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/national/2010/02/09/22/0302000000AEN20100209009400315F.HTML

Felt like my apartment building hopped.
At least, I think it was the earthquake. They're building a subway line nearby, and they might have just undermined my building's foundation. :unsure:
Yeah, actually I wondered what that was at the time. My first thought at the time was that the gas system was about to blow or something, but it was over so fast that I just ignored it.

EDIT: I predict my building will collapse if there is a serious quake.

1 Karma Chameleon point

HisMajestyBOB

I have no doubt my building would collapse. Hell, there's gaps between all the walls in my bathroom, it looks like the wall is slowly falling away from the building. At least I'm on the top floor, so I can hope that all those poor people below me will break my fall.

DisturbedPervert

3.0?  Taco Bell causes more rumbling than that

jimmy olsen

So when should we meet up tomorrow?

1 Karma Chameleon point

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 11, 2010, 05:29:44 AM

I'll send you a text tomorrow. If I can't get out of work early, then I might not be able to meet up - I still have to pack and get everything ready for Sat's flight.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on February 11, 2010, 07:28:41 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 11, 2010, 05:29:44 AM

I'll send you a text tomorrow. If I can't get out of work early, then I might not be able to meet up - I still have to pack and get everything ready for Sat's flight.
You live in Fredricksburg right? With the huge backlog from the storm is your flight even going to get there?

I was pretty sick last night, some of the sea food I ate didn't agree with me, so I'm not too sure if I'm going out tonight. I'll let you know latter around 2pm.

1 Karma Chameleon point

HisMajestyBOB

Hopefully you don't have the same thing I got in Jeju. Puke city.  :x

Last I saw my flight is still on time. But between the snow and construction here and the snow there, it'll be a miracle if everything goes right. Hopefully my bus doesn't get stuck in traffic or something on the way to the airport.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on February 11, 2010, 06:53:49 PM
Hopefully you don't have the same thing I got in Jeju. Puke city.  :x

Other way around for me.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

You guys need to watch out for the sea cucumber and sea slug.

BTW, either of you tried the spicey squid?

katmai

Ya know if it was anybody else I wouldn't be confused by post, but with Yi is he slinging the slang or being straight up? :unsure:

:P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son