Started by jimmy olsen, July 21, 2009, 10:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on June 12, 2011, 04:08:50 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 12, 2011, 04:37:16 AM
80 yen to the dollar  :hmm:
:unsure:
Planning a holiday?

I've been assured again and again that Japan isn't as expensive as its reputation dictates. That they have 100 yen shops puts things kind of in perspective.
We shall see.
My 2nd contract ends in October. So, I've started looking for a new job. It might be a bit difficult to get one in a good area due to the fact that that's in the middle of a semester, however my qualifications and experience should more than make up for it. Worst comes to pass, I'll just go home and get a job at the start of the next semester.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Flying back today.

US Airlines 5202/OZ204 and American Airlines 192
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 05, 2011, 10:23:50 PM
Flying back today.

US Airlines 5202/OZ204 and American Airlines 192

I'm so going to follow your flight path!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 12, 2011, 06:22:32 PM
Planning a holiday?

I've been assured again and again that Japan isn't as expensive as its reputation dictates. That they have 100 yen shops puts things kind of in perspective.
We shall see.
My 2nd contract ends in October. So, I've started looking for a new job. It might be a bit difficult to get one in a good area due to the fact that that's in the middle of a semester, however my qualifications and experience should more than make up for it.

You entitled son of a bitch.

Welcome home.  Did you bring me a replacement Korean? :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tonitrus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 12, 2011, 06:22:32 PM
Planning a holiday?

We shall see.
My 2nd contract ends in October. So, I've started looking for a new job. It might be a bit difficult to get one in a good area due to the fact that that's in the middle of a semester, however my qualifications and experience should more than make up for it. Worst comes to pass, I'll just go home and get a job at the start of the next semester.

Do you have another job lined up yet, or are you going to work it again from stateside?

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Good luck.  I hope you get Japan...just two weeks there was awesome, I'd kill someone to be stationed over there.

Ideologue

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 06, 2011, 05:50:03 PM
Good luck.  I hope you get Japan...just two weeks there was awesome, I'd kill someone to be stationed over there.

A city or GTFO.
Kinemalogue

Josquius

Don`t just hold out for a full English teacher position, that will be rather hard to get without Japanese, ALT roles can pay pretty well though if you get the right one. Some private companies though are very dubious.

Jet applications opened the other day I think- long wait before they hire but could be worthwhile to have as a fallback plan/something for the future after a bit of temping back home.
██████
██████
██████

HisMajestyBOB

I'm headed to Shanghai this November, so don't overlook China.  :)
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Grinning_Colossus

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Ideologue

How does one teach English abroad, anyway?  I speak English at a 19th grade level.
Kinemalogue

Grinning_Colossus

You get involved with a sketchy private TEFL agency, a sketchy foreign government-run TEFL program (see above), or a (generally..) reputable U.S. federal agency.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?