COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on December 16, 2021, 10:14:16 AM
Best protection, at least from what I heard on a podcast is, in order:

1. mRNA vaccine + survived COVID
2. mrNA vaccine alone
3. Survive COVID, no vaccine
4. non-mRNA vaccine + COVID
5. non-mRNA vaccine

edit: Disclaimer! This is just what I heard on a podcast. Im not a doctor. If this turns out to be wrong someday, then so be it.

Joe Rogan?

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Larch

I was told by a Serbian friend that over there they gave people the freedom to choose which vaccine they'd get, but availability was also a factor in choosing which one to get. If you wanted Sputnik or the Chinese one you could get it almost right away, if you wanted Pfizer you'd have to wait several weeks. His whole family decided to wait for the Pfizer one.

Valmy

I love Rogan but he has a California hippy sensibility so he is always going to be doing some kind of weird fad thing for his health.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on December 16, 2021, 11:17:35 AM
I love Rogan but he has a California hippy sensibility so he is always going to be doing some kind of weird fad thing for his health.

I cannot stand him.

0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on December 16, 2021, 11:16:29 AM
Fuck no.

How did they explain that getting COVID is more protection than getting COVID and being vaccinated with a non mRNA vaccine.  That seems a bit suspect.

edit: a story came out yesterday questioning the effectiveness of one of the mRNA vaccines, so that show is seems out of date already - even if it was valid at one time.

crazy canuck

What do you love about the guy?

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on December 16, 2021, 11:20:25 AM

I cannot stand him.

I loved Newsradio back in the day and he is this comedian/jock/hippy guy. I think he fits in well in Austin. But I get it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 16, 2021, 11:25:00 AM

He is authentic. He is just who he is. I think that is cool, though now he exists in this weird world of being used by everybody because he is popular.

HVC

I cannot stand him.

i liked him in newsradio

*edit* i like his comedy shows too. His Youtube stuff was.. hit and miss
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

I doubt I'll get a 3rd dose personally. By the time my age groups gets called up here it'll be too late for this current wave.

I've been wrong before on Quebec's ability to ramp up vaccination tho.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on December 16, 2021, 11:36:00 AM

I cannot stand him.

i liked him in newsradio

*edit* i like his comedy shows too. His Youtube stuff was.. hit and miss

I, too, really liked NewsRadio.

But was Joe Rogan really the most memorable part of that show?  When I think back on it I more remember Dave Foley, Phil Hartman, Andy Dick, Stephen Root... all before I start thinking about Joe Rogan.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 16, 2021, 11:41:51 AM
I doubt I'll get a 3rd dose personally. By the time my age groups gets called up here it'll be too late for this current wave.

Current wave is going to last a few months, if the past is any guide.

Alberta stealth changed eligibility to 50+.  And while you're younger than I, I don't think you're that much younger - out turn will come shortly.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on December 16, 2021, 11:46:08 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on December 16, 2021, 11:41:51 AM

Current wave is going to last a few months, if the past is any guide.

Alberta stealth changed eligibility to 50+.  And while you're younger than I, I don't think you're that much younger - out turn will come shortly.

Quebec is still 70+ w/ 6 month since 2nd.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on December 16, 2021, 11:28:51 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on December 16, 2021, 11:25:00 AM

He is authentic. He is just who he is. I think that is cool, though now he exists in this weird world of being used by everybody because he is popular.

That is my problem.

He has this HUGE following, and so he has (IMO) a responsibility to stop playing the "Ahh shucks, I'm just a guy chatting with some dudes!" schtick when it comes to giving a platform to people who don't deserve one.

Plus his following is just a bit too man-cave cultish for my taste.

He isn't much of an actual authority on much of anything outside the MMA. He isn't particular bright, IMO, and doesn't think very critically. And he plays that game where he admits to exactly that, and yet leans into giving his opinion about bullshit anyway. And again, with the certain knowledge that his charisma has in fact created this massive following who WILL act as if he is an authority even while he tells them he is not.

0 rows returned