COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tamas

Sitting around at the centre waiting to see if the Pfizer booster is going to kill me.

mongers

Quote from: Tamas on December 12, 2021, 05:53:15 AM
Sitting around at the centre waiting to see if the Pfizer booster is going to kill me.

Tamas, Tamas Did you make it out alive? :worried:

Tamas

Quote from: mongers on December 12, 2021, 07:13:47 AM

yes :)

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

I'm reading Cyberpunk 2020 and boostergangs seem pretty scary.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

This was my first Pfizer after a couple of AZs. I don't remember my shoulder having visible (non-red) swelling on my shoulder with AZ, which I have now. It hurts and I am feeling a bit under the weather but nothing dramatic.

mongers

Quote from: Tamas on December 12, 2021, 08:26:19 AM
Quote from: mongers on December 12, 2021, 07:13:47 AM

yes :)

Phew.  :hug:

jimmy olsen

I have an appointment for my booster on the 30th.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Darth Wagtaros

I'm all boosted up.  Now I'll die of autism and brain plaques.
PDH!

garbon

Things were wild getting my booster. First there were a ton of pissed off people as they had watched BoJo press conference about jabs waiting for you but this injection site had closed its walk-in queue for the night. Mind you, people managing queues outside had closed it for the night, pharmacist receptionists were still telling people to come on down. Heard a lot of ranting and attempts to plead that failed, one guy went on long rant about Boris Johnson for about 5-10 minutes.

Then once inside many people kicked off that only Moderna boosters were being given out. My uber driver had told me on way there that if I get the Modern (or maybe the Madonna), I should expect to be down for the count for two days.

I did love the lady who when asked if she was immunocompromised said she had no idea what that is and reported she had an allergic reaction to fake eyelashes last weekend when asked about allergies. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Yeah - I find the whole pickiness about vaccines weird but had no idea there was any dislike of Moderna. Maybe just lower brand recognition in the UK (it's not been used as much)?
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

I think there is some concerns about side effects potentially being worse combined with news that it is only half dose as booster?

Personally, I was happy to avoid Moderna early on as it was easier to get Pfizer 2nd jab at walk-in centre. Don't really mind now other than hoping my side effects stay at minor headache and sore arm level.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.