COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Threviel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 30, 2021, 12:46:29 PM
I asked my favorite sex cam worker if she had been vaccinated and she said no.  She's Russian, but you know, Slavs.

Wait a minute? Your favourite sex cam worker?  :huh:

The Brain

Quote from: Threviel on July 02, 2021, 06:16:44 AM
I asked my favorite sex cam worker if she had been vaccinated and she said no.  She's Russian, but you know, Slavs.

You can't choose? :huh:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Just got my second dose this morning. I'm going on holiday this afternoon so I hope the side effects aren't too bad.

Josquius

It does sound like there needs to be some kind of pre-registration going on before countries are given the vaccines. Mad some are getting so many and not using them.

QuoteWith spares doses piling up, shots are being sold or donated to other countries, governments want deliveries delayed, and Bulgaria's hotel industry is pushing to have free vaccinations given to foreign visitors. Demand in Romania has dropped to such an extent that members of Argentina's national rugby team were able to get their shots in Bucharest this month ahead of a match.
Cunning.
I wonder if this attempt at sabotage will help Romania to victory?
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on July 02, 2021, 06:57:28 AM
Just got my second dose this morning. I'm going on holiday this afternoon so I hope the side effects aren't too bad.

Only had mild stiffness for a day, slightly more than for the first shot.

viper37

the pandemic is hard on everyone. :(
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

Have we had anyone from the developing world post in this thread yet?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

Walking in for my wife's second jab after 5 weeks did not work out. Guy at the entrance insisted it has to be 8 and did not let her in. Another lady was turned away for same reason right after her.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on July 03, 2021, 07:45:00 AM
Walking in for my wife's second jab after 5 weeks did not work out. Guy at the entrance insisted it has to be 8 and did not let her in. Another lady was turned away for same reason right after her.

I think that's the most frustrating thing, completely down to the whims of who you happen to get.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

Quote from: mongers on July 03, 2021, 06:34:28 AM

Anecdotes from Uganda: they have access to the AstraZeneca vaccine...the only people we knew that had taken it were a middle aged scottish couple who owned a hotel we stayed at. They explained that they aren't a prioritized group but that the uptake has been exceedingly low. Our driver said he was thinking about getting the vaccine but didn't trust it and thought that Africans are used to getting diseases like covid. The president was apparently targeting 5 million people getting a first dose out of a population of over 40 million, and to get there he was threatening people with lockdown again if more didn't take the vaccine.

After we left they seem to have had a harsher outbreak. They've been running out of oxygen in hospitals and at least one ICU had a bunch of people die off when they ran out. Deaths in the country were still reported to be under 1k the last time I checked.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on July 03, 2021, 07:45:00 AM
Yep - seems like it's kind of carnage right now:
QuoteVincent McAviney
@VinnyMcAv
Turned up to film at a vaccine grab a jab event for @itvnews
and there's confusion on the ground with a policy change overnight. They've been told not to give second jabs within 8 weeks of first now despite what's been advertised in community. Staff unsure, people queueing angry
Total confusion today, it's been advertised people can come 'Grab a Jab' and then there's been a policy change it seems overnight across london. People queueing angry as they received cards through letter boxes telling them to come get under 8 weeks and they've booked holidays

Department of health now saying this is an "operational issue" with NHS England and you can't 'grab a jab' for a second jab under 8 weeks if over 40 and over 12 weeks if under 40 which seems like a big change

A later update:
QuoteVincent McAviney
@VinnyMcAv
The council here in White City even advertised on social that you could get it 4+ weeks, they got the enforcement change yesterday and tried to alert people but lots of people being turned away here now.
All change NHS England have now changed their mind, earlier the Doctor on site had been told it could be administered and given permission. It's now changed back to 8 weeks after having done around half and hour of those over 4 weeks. Real confusion and frustration here
A statement from NHS London which doesn't engage with what's actually happened this morning. So despite what friends/family might have got previously or indeed what councils themselves have been advertising, again it's now no second jab pre 8 weeks.

UPDATE! The White City clinic has now again been given approval today for 4+ weeks but seemingly just for today. Rest of London is still 8+ weeks.

It'll be an absolute disgrace if jabs are wasted because of this nonsense <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

Quote from: alfred russel on July 03, 2021, 08:39:04 AM
Quote from: mongers on July 03, 2021, 06:34:28 AM

Anecdotes from Uganda: they have access to the AstraZeneca vaccine...the only people we knew that had taken it were a middle aged scottish couple who owned a hotel we stayed at. They explained that they aren't a prioritized group but that the uptake has been exceedingly low. Our driver said he was thinking about getting the vaccine but didn't trust it and thought that Africans are used to getting diseases like covid. The president was apparently targeting 5 million people getting a first dose out of a population of over 40 million, and to get there he was threatening people with lockdown again if more didn't take the vaccine.

After we left they seem to have had a harsher outbreak. They've been running out of oxygen in hospitals and at least one ICU had a bunch of people die off when they ran out. Deaths in the country were still reported to be under 1k the last time I checked.
If people can't work through the misinformation when their own lives are on the line, what chance do we have of collectively addressing climate change?  :(

Threviel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 02, 2021, 12:48:13 PM

Yes.

Am I the only one that wants to hear more about this? How does it work? Why do it? What's the costs and so on. Utterly fascinating.

Jacob

Quote from: DGuller on July 03, 2021, 09:23:41 AM
If people can't work through the misinformation when their own lives are on the line, what chance do we have of collectively addressing climate change?  :(

IMO effective climate change action doesn't depend on individuals taking actions within their regular ambits (i.e. making consumer choices), but governments making policy and regulatory changes that affect long-term structural changes.

To give one example, if we rely on individuals to chose to fly less to lower CO2 emissions from the travel industry, it's not going to work. But if governments incentivizes the development of low emission aircraft and (or) heavily disincentivize routine air travel then individual behaviour will follow.

So...  we have a reasonable chance, I think. Not that it's guaranteed we won't flub it, of course.