COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

viper37

Second Moderna shot on July 7th.  Hope I won't be sick...  A girl I know was apparently sick for 3 weeks, with a trip to the ER after her first Pfizer shot.  She's somewhat.. difficult to convince that a vaccine is better than getting sick :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on June 29, 2021, 05:34:05 PM
Second Moderna shot on July 7th.  Hope I won't be sick...  A girl I know was apparently sick for 3 weeks, with a trip to the ER after her first Pfizer shot.  She's somewhat.. difficult to convince that a vaccine is better than getting sick :D

If it is any comfort two members of the CC clan has had moderna as the second shot - one had a first shot of Pfizer and the other Moderna.  Neither had any side effects of note on the second dose.

I also didn't have symptoms with my second jab of AZ - although the first really laid me out for a couple of days.

Grey Fox

My 2nd dose will be Pfizer it looks like. No super Voltron powers for me.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

I am: double-Pfizerized.   :cool:

I'll let you know about side-effects.

That was about 9 weeks between doses.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Quote from: Tamas on June 26, 2021, 11:37:58 AM
I am trying to find if you are still expected to wait 8 weeks for your second Pfizer shot (for my wife) or you can walk in for one after 4.

I think I was 4 1/2. About a month between them for sure.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

It seems I could've waited in line and still got Pfizered before my summer vacation because Denmark just bought 1 million doses from Romania who can't use them before their expiration date.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

How on earth did Romania end up with so many :blink:
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

I'd rather ask how the hell they managed to not use them.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 30, 2021, 07:22:59 AM
I'd rather ask how the hell they managed to not use them.
Yeah - that's ridiculous.

Looking at the ECDC tracker on Romania:
https://vaccinetracker.ecdc.europa.eu/public/extensions/COVID-19/vaccine-tracker.html#uptake-tab

It looks like Romania's just stopped. Their figures have plateaued since about the start of May and I can't easily see why - because I assume, especially given what Liep said, that they are getting vaccines and bought them through the EU scheme. It is baffling :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

jimmy olsen

Vaccinations finally picking up in Korea. Over 25% have the first shot now.  Still gonna be a month or two before I get one though, I think.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

I wonder if there is a virus going around turning people into anti-vaxxers, much like toxoplasmosis makes mice like cats.  That would be the most incredible evolutionary adaptation of viruses to human countermeasures ever discovered.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 30, 2021, 07:29:39 AM
Yeah - that's ridiculous.

Looking at the ECDC tracker on Romania:
https://vaccinetracker.ecdc.europa.eu/public/extensions/COVID-19/vaccine-tracker.html#uptake-tab

It looks like Romania's just stopped. Their figures have plateaued since about the start of May and I can't easily see why - because I assume, especially given what Liep said, that they are getting vaccines and bought them through the EU scheme. It is baffling :hmm:

Probably similar to the US.  We've stalled out at 50%.  County health departments have stopped ordering doses because people have stopped getting vaccinated.

Barrister

18 hours later and still just soreness at the injection site.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 30, 2021, 11:44:51 AM
Probably similar to the US.  We've stalled out at 50%.  County health departments have stopped ordering doses because people have stopped getting vaccinated.
They're at 30%. I can't believe they've run out of people who want to get the vaccine :blink:
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 30, 2021, 12:37:09 PM
They're at 30%. I can't believe they've run out of people who want to get the vaccine :blink:

I can.

I asked my favorite sex cam worker if she had been vaccinated and she said no.  She's Russian, but you know, Slavs.