COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on June 25, 2021, 04:35:26 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on June 23, 2021, 08:39:25 AM
I think they've definitely said everyone can re-book if they're booked for 12 weeks away and move it to 8 weeks away. Don't know about the walk-in centres.
As mentioned I went to a walk in centre this week and got my second one 5 weeks after my first. Wasn't booked until August..

I've now booked in for a walk-in centre that wanted people to ideally book by eventbrite in my borough. I noticed that they keep changing whether only for first jabs and whether or not they will enforce 8 weeks. Figure no harm in checking it out.

I've also tried setting up something to monitor web page that it kept up-to-date about walk-in centres pop-ups as I saw that there had been yesterday afternoon a place doing 1st and 2nd jabs with no mention of 8 weeks but somehow missed that as must have only been listed around lunch time.

What a world. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on June 24, 2021, 11:34:24 PM
Wood knocking didn't help. Slept badly because every time I turned to lie on my vaccinated arm I woke up. Also running a fever this morning. Yay! :D

5G activation as planned!  :tinfoil:

The Larch

DGuller

Quote from: The Larch on June 25, 2021, 01:11:20 PM
I've just been Pfiferized.  :ph34r:
Hmm, I'm not seeing it yet.  Did they give you a serial number or frequency?

Sheilbh

Garbo - take it you've seen this but just in case not:
https://www.england.nhs.uk/london/our-work/covid-19-vaccination-programme-2/covid-19-vaccine-sites-in-london/

Interestingly nothing in my borough tho :hmm:

Edit: :huh: If you click on the "find out more", at least for South London, it takes you to all that areas walk in sites as currently planned - at least into early July.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Ah thanks that's helpful in case tomorrow turns me away, see some backups for Sunday.

I've been using this and then using a chrome widget to scrape every 30 minutes for changes.

https://selondonccg.nhs.uk/what-we-do/covid-19/covid-19-vaccine/pop-up-clinics/

Edit: which is apparently the find out more on yours
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Feeling a lot better today. Yesterday was a bit of a wash, but no temperature, and arm's fine again, too. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on June 26, 2021, 10:16:03 AM
Feeling a lot better today. Yesterday was a bit of a wash, but no temperature, and arm's fine again, too. :)

:cheers:

Tamas

I am trying to find if you are still expected to wait 8 weeks for your second Pfizer shot (for my wife) or you can walk in for one after 4.

Sheilbh

It depends on the walk-in centres' rules but you can walk-in after 4 weeks in some of them :)
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

I'd just go. I think a lot are saying still 8 weeks but then not actually enforcing that. I think that's because they are still trying to get those needing a first dose and don't want to open the floodgaes to all needing 2nd dose like if they advertised they are giving out 2nd doses.

I was at 4.5 weeks getting mine today.

Syt

Doctors have started recommending again that the second shot be done after 4 weeks (5 weeks seems the norm at the moment).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Second BioNTech shot today! Full 5G microchip activation within the next 336 hours.