COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Legbiter

Quote from: The Larch on June 17, 2021, 07:00:33 AM
Just received my appointment for the 1st dose, friday next week.

:thumbsup:

Whatchu getting?
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Iormlund

Quote from: celedhring on June 11, 2021, 04:24:45 AM
Just came back. It was Pfizer, so next shot is in 21 days.

Same. No magnetism detected so far. Just sore shoulder.  <_<

Jacob

I feel like I've always had a magnetic personality, but I haven't noticed a change since I got the first shot....

The Larch

Zanza

Got my second jab today - BioNTech instead of AstraZeneca this time. I had a choice and the current recommendation is to get BioNTech in my age bracket. I also read that it has a higher efficacy against the Delta variant.

I also got the digital European Union vaccination certificate for my phone. Pretty smooth process. 

Legbiter

Mixing jabs increases immunity to variants anyway.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Zanza on June 21, 2021, 05:01:19 AM
Got my second jab today - BioNTech instead of AstraZeneca this time. I had a choice and the current recommendation is to get BioNTech in my age bracket. I also read that it has a higher efficacy against the Delta variant.

I also got the digital European Union vaccination certificate for my phone. Pretty smooth process.

That is great.

I am eagerly waiting my second jab which will hopefully come next week.  Had AZ for the first jab and I was hoping to get the Pfizer or Moderna but Pfizer supply was disrupted last week.  AZ might have to be one I take.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 21, 2021, 11:57:26 AM

That is great.

I am eagerly waiting my second jab which will hopefully come next week.  Had AZ for the first jab and I was hoping to get the Pfizer or Moderna but Pfizer supply was disrupted last week.  AZ might have to be one I take.

We just got a boatload of Moderna shots from the US so that would be my guess unless you absolutely insist on an AZ second shot.

I just saw soem tweets from Alberta's CMOH Dr Hinshaw saying how the mRNA shots are not identical but are interchangeable, specifically saying it's okay to get Moderna if your first shot was Pfizer, so I think that's what's behind it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on June 21, 2021, 12:02:13 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 21, 2021, 11:57:26 AM

That is great.

We just got a boatload of Moderna shots from the US so that would be my guess unless you absolutely insist on an AZ second shot.

I just saw soem tweets from Alberta's CMOH Dr Hinshaw saying how the mRNA shots are not identical but are interchangeable, specifically saying it's okay to get Moderna if your first shot was Pfizer, so I think that's what's behind it.

My preference is to get Moderna or Pfizer based on the recent findings that the mix with an initial AZ jab gives better protection.  Happy to get either.

But if AZ is my only choice, I will get that also.  I suspect we are all going to be getting boosters within a year anyway.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 21, 2021, 12:16:29 PM
My preference is to get Moderna or Pfizer based on the recent findings that the mix with an initial AZ jab gives better protection.  Happy to get either.

But if AZ is my only choice, I will get that also.  I suspect we are all going to be getting boosters within a year anyway.

I would bet money that you'll be offered a Moderna shot.  I've read in a couple places that Pfizer is having supply issues, but we got millions of Moderna shots from the US (and they're trying to side-line AZ).

Like you, I'd take whatever they give me (I'm booked for the 29th, supposedly for Pfizer as that was my first).  I'd even take all 3 if they let me.  Heck, we've all been so immersed in talking about vaccines I went back and got a prescription for two more non-covid vaccines that had been recommended to me, oh, 8 years ago by a doctor that I never followed up on until now. :lol:  (against some bacterial infections because of my no-spleen thing).

Iormlund

Quote from: Barrister on June 21, 2021, 12:27:10 PM
I would bet money that you'll be offered a Moderna shot.  I've read in a couple places that Pfizer is having supply issues, but we got millions of Moderna shots from the US (and they're trying to side-line AZ).

That's weird. We're getting millions of Pfizer jabs. Supply has really shot up since the second site went online.

Barrister

Quote from: Iormlund on June 21, 2021, 12:37:31 PM

That's weird. We're getting millions of Pfizer jabs. Supply has really shot up since the second site went online.

I cant' source exactly why, but a few articles have references a delay in Pfizer doses.  Here's one about Ontario:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-pfizer-covid19-vaccine-delay-1.6072935

(but the situationis the same across the country, as the Federal government was the one in charge of obtaining vaccines)

Grey Fox

Quote from: Iormlund on June 21, 2021, 12:37:31 PM

It goes in waves really. We had 2 really good months of Pfizer delivery while Moderna was shitting the bed. Now, Pfizer gets disrupted for about ~3 weeks (this is week 1) and Moderna is actually delivering.

My Regional Health Unit as always been the idiot brother in the RHU Quebec's family and right now, it really shows.

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 21, 2021, 12:16:29 PM

Like you, I'd take whatever they give me (I'm booked for the 29th, supposedly for Pfizer as that was my first).  I'd even take all 3 if they let me.  Heck, we've all been so immersed in talking about vaccines I went back and got a prescription for two more non-covid vaccines that had been recommended to me, oh, 8 years ago by a doctor that I never followed up on until now. :lol:  (against some bacterial infections because of my no-spleen thing).

I should have taken the bet. :D I just received a text from the pharmacy where I got my first jab (AZ is administered through pharmacies here and the others are administered through the provincial health services) offering to give me my next AZ jab in the next three days.  My appointment is now booked for 10am tomorrow.  :cool:

I have the option of waiting to get one of the others.  But I am going with the often repeated mantra that the best vaccine is the one you are offered first.

Jacob

Glad to hear you're getting your second shot!