COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

mongers

Quote from: fromtia on June 06, 2021, 11:57:47 AM
Son of fromtia went off and got his shot. He got the Johnson and Johnson, sought it out even, because that was less "hassle" than getting two shots of pfizer. Unbelievable.

He also graduated high school, by some miracle of guile and low animal cunning.

My entire household is vaccinated. fromtia, partner of fromtia, son of fromtia and brother of partner of fromtia (long story).

Mother of son of fromtia , with whom I have an entirely good relationship post marriage (been divorced 11 years now) has apparently gone a bit anti-vaxx , which is a surprise to me. A lover of science, a lifelong Democrat. My son says shes trying to fit in with her partner (a lovely man) and his family who are rather conservative. Interesting.

Interesting indeed, Fromtia.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

I haven't noticed any side effects. But I do spend a lot of time in pools of water with only my eyes and nose above the surface, waiting for wildebeest.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Legbiter

Quote from: PDH on June 04, 2021, 10:53:26 PM
Quote from: Legbiter on June 04, 2021, 09:11:58 AM
I just got randomly selected for a jab next Tuesday. Pfizer. :thumbsup:

I had the Pfizer, no real problems other than second dose made me an asshole.  Since I was already one, nobody noticed.

Yeah I barely noticed the jab. Donating blood is tougher and more involved than this.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Tamas

Legbiter

Quote from: Tamas on June 08, 2021, 08:45:58 AM
Got my second AZ shot today.

Will you resume licking doorknobs immediately or will you wait 2 more weeks? :hmm: ;)
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Sheilbh

Second dose I had no side-effects. Not even a sore arm which has left me slightly panicked it's not working :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 08, 2021, 08:54:05 AM
Second dose I had no side-effects. Not even a sore arm which has left me slightly panicked it's not working :lol:

Exactly the same here, no reactions; though I didn't panic, just confused by it.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Only side effect I've noticed from the Johnson is heartburn. Haven't had that since I became vegetarian.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

The fact that rejecting the western tradition of medicine is now a "conservative" position blows my mind. I really have a hard time grappling with it.

I wonder if all those left wing looney Democrats who I used to get anti-vaxx propaganda from now love vaccines just because conservatives now hate them.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Do y'all not get seasonal flu shots? 

It's the same needle and the same amount of pain but for many this is clearly a brand new experience.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 08, 2021, 03:03:43 PM

It's the same needle and the same amount of pain but for many this is clearly a brand new experience.

I do and generally I find the flu shots to be a far more unpleasant experience than the COVID vaccine so that may be part of it.

Still much nicer than back when I used to get the flu every year of course.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Never had it, it hasn't been recommended broadly here.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on June 08, 2021, 04:03:11 PM

Never had it, it hasn't been recommended broadly here.

Only recommended and free for people over 65 here.

The Brain

I'm not elderly.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Maladict