COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Syt

I didn't feel my jab at all. Multiple people have reported the same.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

I'll have to look the other way anyway.  :lol:

Maladict

Quote from: The Larch on May 31, 2021, 06:23:38 AM

Yeah same. I'm going to tell them beforehand that I tend to get queasy around hospitals, so they don't think I'm having an allergic reaction.

Caliga

I don't mind getting shots, but the sight of blood makes me nauseous/feel faint.  When I got my first covid shot, I was fortunately looking away because the nurse nicked a blood vessel and blood spurted out. :x
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

I'm ok, with blood. I used to donate blood regularly. My complexion always threw nurses off, though. "Do you feel all right?" - "Yeah, I'm always this pale." <_<
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

The only time that my knees felt week was when my son was 3 had blood drawn and he was sitting on my lap.

I'm not squeezy. It's just blood or shit or whatever. It'll wash off.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Maladict

I get weak in the knees just entering a hospital. That smell, I can't stand it.

garbon

Quote from: Maladict on May 31, 2021, 06:50:52 AM

Yeah same. I'm going to tell them beforehand that I tend to get queasy around hospitals, so they don't think I'm having an allergic reaction.

There's almost no time to look away. That's how quick it was.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

So obviously the government is now backtracking on their ditching AZ/J&J move because Moderna can't deliver and Curevac approval is delayed. I don't know where that leaves the voluntary sign up or my chances of getting a vaccine before August.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on May 31, 2021, 05:58:39 AM
It has been announce that my age group will start getting vaccinated next week. It has made me slightly anxious.  :ph34r:

The needle they used on me was so tiny I didn't feel it at all. Compared to getting my flu shot it was nothing.

So maybe you have nothing to worry about.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Bring your phone and distract yourself with ridiculous videos.

... works for my kids anyhow.

Tamas

If I see my own blood what still left of it in my body quickly flees out of my brain. But when it comes to injections or taking of blood samples I just look away and focus on not focusing on what's happening. Like that, jabs like this are easy.

Sheilbh

I'm fairly relaxed - get blood tests every month or so. So I've become pretty used to needles and blood etc.
Let's bomb Russia!

Gups

Quote from: The Larch on May 31, 2021, 06:18:14 AM
Quote from: Liep on May 31, 2021, 06:08:01 AM
Quote from: The Larch on May 31, 2021, 05:58:39 AM
It has been announce that my age group will start getting vaccinated next week. It has made me slightly anxious.  :ph34r:

How so? Vaccine uncertainty or "I best not get covid before"?

I don't like needles...  :ph34r:

Having my second this afternoon. I dislike needles as well but the first was really the least intrusive needle in my arm I've ever felt. If  I hadn't been focussing on it I probably wouldn't have noticed it.

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 01, 2021, 03:45:31 AM
I'm fairly relaxed - get blood tests every month or so. So I've become pretty used to needles and blood etc.

Yeah, I was doing that for awhile and trained myself to watch.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.