COVID vaccinations! Have you gotten yours?

Started by merithyn, March 08, 2021, 02:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you gotten a COVID vaccine?

ROTW: Yes!
17 (39.5%)
ROTW: Not yet
1 (2.3%)
ROTW: Not destroying my godlike temple of a body with that bullshit
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Yes!
24 (55.8%)
US/Canada: Not yet
0 (0%)
US/Canada: Get that poison out of here, you commie bastard
0 (0%)
I am Jaron, and I am immune to your puny pandemics
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Crazy_Ivan80

by half july I'll have had both. Moderna

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

fromtia

Son of fromtia went off and got his shot. He got the Johnson and Johnson, sought it out even, because that was less "hassle" than getting two shots of pfizer. Unbelievable.

He also graduated high school, by some miracle of guile and low animal cunning.

My entire household is vaccinated. fromtia, partner of fromtia, son of fromtia and brother of partner of fromtia (long story).

Mother of son of fromtia , with whom I have an entirely good relationship post marriage (been divorced 11 years now) has apparently gone a bit anti-vaxx , which is a surprise to me. A lover of science, a lifelong Democrat. My son says shes trying to fit in with her partner (a lovely man) and his family who are rather conservative. Interesting.

"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

Liep

Quote from: Liep on June 04, 2021, 09:00:30 AM
Getting a J&J tomorrow.

Bit of a headache yesterday evening but not much today. 13 days to full power!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Jacob

Quote from: Tyr on June 06, 2021, 03:30:23 PM
There's a problem with JJ?

Same type of tech as AZ, IIRC, so whatever someone may have against AZ they may also have against JJ.

merithyn

I think enough people have now gotten the shot - or have access to the shot - that the poll is now worthwhile. It's changeable, so feel free to come back and update as fits.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

celedhring

Not yet, but I hope to get it this month. I'm 42 and they have just started vaccinating over 45s.

Grey Fox

Quote from: celedhring on June 07, 2021, 09:56:06 AM
Not yet, but I hope to get it this month. I'm 42 and they have just started vaccinating over 45s.

how much time between doses?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

In BC the second doses will now come 8 weeks after the first dose - they had originally been stretched out to 16 weeks because of a lack of supply.  So about August before everyone who wants to be fully vaccinated can do so.  Hopefully we are giving all the surplus we ordered to poorer regions of the world.

celedhring

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 07, 2021, 10:11:24 AM

3 weeks for Pfizer, 4 for Moderna, 10-12 for AZ.

Grey Fox

Quote from: celedhring on June 07, 2021, 10:34:33 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 07, 2021, 10:11:24 AM

3 weeks for Pfizer, 4 for Moderna, 10-12 for AZ.

So, regular for the mRNA vaccines. Explains why only reaching the upper 40s now.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

Same, except I'm 41.  :P

Syt

QuoteGreg Abbott
@GregAbbott_TX

I'm signing a law today that prohibits any business operating in Texas from requiring vaccine passports or any vaccine information.

Texas is open 100% without any restrictions or limitations or requirements.

6:30 PM · Jun 7, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

"Freedom of business." I guess it's fine as long as bigoted bakers can refuse to bake cakes for gay weddings.  :rolleyes:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on June 07, 2021, 11:52:13 AM
QuoteGreg Abbott
@GregAbbott_TX

I'm signing a law today that prohibits any business operating in Texas from requiring vaccine passports or any vaccine information.

Texas is open 100% without any restrictions or limitations or requirements.

6:30 PM · Jun 7, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

"Freedom of business." I guess it's fine as long as bigoted bakers can refuse to bake cakes for gay weddings.  :rolleyes:

I mean no businesses were currently requiring any such information, nor had any ability to do so even if they wanted to under already existing laws. Symbolic culture war shit continues to dominate our political sphere.

And the Texas Republican party has completely abandoned any idea that businesses should be free from political inference...or really anybody should be. All shall be beholden to their cultural agenda...for our own good. They are so eager to come down on any local government or private company who disagrees with them. I just cannot count on the right wing for any thing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."